Parallels Desktop For Mac 11.1 corrupts Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 PST files

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by johnrellis, Nov 19, 2015.

1. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, you may try this article to fix the issue.

2. KevinClarke

KevinClarke Product Expert

Hi PaulChris, yes this is what your colleague in the lab suggested to try. I note the Kb was created today so I'm not sure what else you are referring to? Do you mean this the complete solution or a temporary one until the lab fix the actual problem?
    Kevin

3. MaurizioP1

MaurizioP1 Bit poster

4. DominiqueR

DominiqueR Bit poster

Hi All,

Same problem here. All my pst files located on the host Mac Partition are no longer recognised since the upgrade to vers. 11.

The fix shown in the the kb is not helping either.
    the VM is running Windows 7, Office 2010.
    Regards,
    Dominique

5. KevinClarke

Hi Dominique,
    This sounds strange. I've tried this on both my Mac systems and VM's and it works ok for me. I do have Windows 10 and office 2016 but can't imagine this makes a difference as it is the Shared folders which was broken with the 11.1 update. I suggest you double check it has registered the "tools.prl_fs.fileids.enable=1" in the boot flags area because on both my systems it failed to register it a couple of times even after clicking the lock. If it all looks ok, what size of PST files do you have and do you have a lot of them?

Regards
    kevin

6. JoeG1

JoeG1 Product Expert

There must have been a Parallels 11 update after 11/13/15. After that date I could no longer open my Quickbooks data, some sort of sharing issue. I copied over my QBW file to the C: drive and it works, as a workaround but it doubles the huge qbw file on my hard drive.

After this update I can no longer open HP Tuners software which worked perfectly for years. It starts to load three processes in task manager but never load. Worked fine before the 11/13/15 update. It is on the C:\ drive already so I don't know what is going on with that. I hope Parallels team can fix this soon!

7. KevinClarke

Hi
    11.1.0 (32202) is the latest update which causes the shared files issues. I suggest you either try the solution in the kb 123545 as mentioned above or go back to 11.0.2 31348 which was the previous update and this sounds like the update you were on.
    Regards
    Kevin

8. JoeG1

JoeG1 Product Expert

Kevin thank you for your reply, how can I go back to version 11.0.2 31348? I'm happy to do that. Thank you again for helping me.

9. JoeG1

JoeG1 Product Expert

Sylvester from Parallels posted this fix for Quickbooks and Outlook. Easy to do and worked for Quickbooks but not my HP Tuners software.

http://kb.parallels.com/123545

10. KevinClarke

Hi JoeG1,
    Ok, assuming you do have 11.1.0 (32202) installed ( Select About Parallels Desktop to check this) Then you will need a copy of the previous update 11.0.2 31348? If you do then follow http://kb.parallels.com/en/123349
    Essentially the above closes your VM and you drag only the Parallels App from the Applications folder to your trash, then re-install the 11.0.2 31348 update, It will try to get you to install the newer update but refuse this part and it will then install 11.0.2 31348.
    NOTE: If you still have the Boot Flag installed "tools.prl_fs.fileids.enable=1" I suggest you remove this once you have gone back to the 11.0.2 31348 update.

None of us should have to go back to previous versions like this and though the workaround of the Boot Flag helps some of us, clearly it does not fix everyone. Parallels really need to address these issues properly.
    Good luck
    Kevin

11. DavidT6

DavidT6 Bit poster

KB123545 http://kb.parallels.com/123545 solved my issue with Quickbooks 2014 company files being seen as corrupted on Mac shared folders in Windows 10 after auto update to Parallels Desktop 11.1.

12. RichardB7

RichardB7 Bit poster

I had the same problem.
    The issue has been fixed in Parallels Desktop 11 Update 1 Hotfix 1 (build 11.1.1-32312)
    Check for updates.

13. DavidT6

DavidT6 Bit poster

Confirmed fixed for Quickbooks 2014 / Windows 10 with 11.1.1-32312 for me too. No need for the boot flags "tools.prl_fs.fileids.enable=1" any more wth this update. Thanks.

14. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Glad your issue has been resolved successfully with the newest build of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac. Feel free to reach out anytime, we are here to help.

15. johnrellis

johnrellis Junior Member

So far, 11.1.1-32312 is working for me too (no problems with Outlook yet).