Cannot Install Parallels Tools after Update to Parallels 11

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AlexR2, Nov 29, 2015.

1. AlexR2

AlexR2 Bit poster

I just updated from Parallels 10 to 11. After booting a Win7 VM, Parallels tries and install a new Parallels tools. It Fails with the dialog "There was a problem updating Parallels Tools" and suggests I restart windows and try again. I did so and manually installed tools again from the Actions menu, but got the same error. The suggested troubleshooting solutions we're any help as there aren't any more specific error messages. My setup:

Last 2021 iMac 27", 24GB with 3TB Fusion Drive, OS X 10.11.1.
    VM: Wndows 7SP1 with latest patches.
    Parallels 11.1.0 (32202)
    I was running the latest version of Parallels 10 before attempting to update.

After the error, I restored my VM from backup and reinstalled Parallels 10. Started the VM under 10 just fine. I verified I had the latest Win7 patches installed and cleanly shutdown Windows. I then completely removed Parallels 10 and and freshly installed 11 again. I got exactly the same results as before. How should I proceed?

jorn likes this.
  2. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Alex, please let us know at what % does the installation stops and gives you this error.

3. AlexR2

AlexR2 Bit poster

The installer progress bar get's to 69% installed then closes and brings up the error dialog.

4. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Please follow the steps suggested here.

5. AlexR2

AlexR2 Bit poster

That did the trick! Thanks!

6. Alessio2

Alessio2 Bit poster

Did not work for me. I have parallels 11 on macOS Sierra with windows 10 as VM. Did an update and now nothing works

7. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Please let us know some more additional information, whether did you get any error message?