"trying to boot from sata drive 1"; El Capitan, Parallels 11, Windows 10.

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by VadimR1, Nov 20, 2015.

1. VadimR1

VadimR1 Bit poster

Hello,
    My Parallel 11 is planted in wanting to migrate to a win7 upgrade with win10.
    I am looking for a solution! Thank you.

Bug_parallel11_20 nov. 2015 .jpg

2. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Vadim, please follow the steps suggested here.

3. VadimR1

VadimR1 Bit poster

Thank you Dhruba@Parallels,
    I followed the recommendations and install the update "11 Parallels Desktop for Mac version 11.0.1 (31277)" and have always the same bug ... ;(

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi VadimR1, Please submit a Problem Report ID http://kb.parallels.com/9058 and provide us the ID number here, to investigate further on this issue.

5. VadimR1

VadimR1 Bit poster

Hello Paul Chris,
    I got a ticket [Parallels # 2202300].
    Hoping to find a solution quickly and not lose files, Solidworks, important to me.

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Thank you for submitting the support request. Kindly reply with more information via email and we will help.

7. VadimR1

VadimR1 Bit poster

Hello,

I indicate that I am French and I very badly mastered English, thank you Google translation.
    ---
    I had an appointment by telephone with a Technical Service which came on my Mac via LogMeIn application. After 1:30 they have not managed to unlock my problem. All this in English, the boujour Additional dificult for me.
    ---
    I managed alone with my .pvm * file that was blocked.
    I copy to a PC via an external HDD. The Windows PC * .pvm posted the file as folder or I could go into it.

In this folder there among others, a file with the extension * .hdd I copy the * .hdd on my Mac that I could open with Parallels.

Thanks to that I could recover all my important files that were on Win7.

I downloaded and Win10 intallé 11 via Parallels on my Mac and surprised I managed the installation, for not activate against Win10.

But after countless aj put our Win10 and several days of insistence, I finally re Win10 with my Win7 Product Key.
    So I reinstalled all my software including Solidworks and now everything works fine.

Conclusion:
    Parallels today (verson 11 Parallels Desktop for Mac version 11.0.1 (31277)) is not capable of supporting an update of Win7 to Win10.
    Hopefully this post will help others.

My term problem 12 days.

8. Chansonx

Chansonx Bit poster

I have exactly the same issue, problem report ID 85285281. Thanks!

9. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels