How to PERMANENTLY prevent Parallels 11 putting windows applications in Launchpad??

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by rtom157, Nov 29, 2015.

1. rtom157

rtom157 Bit poster

Please can you explain how to PREVENT PERMANENTLY Parallels putting Windows shortcuts and Windows Application folder in Launchpad?

Yes, I know how to remove them (having done this several hundred times). But I am completely fed up with Parallels putting them back again a few days later.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, please refer to this article to remove Windows applications and it's folder from LaunchPad.

3. rtom157

rtom157 Bit poster

Did you actually read my question before you posted that reply???

4. rtom157

rtom157 Bit poster

Your answer is not helpful. You clearly did not read my question. I have deleted the windows shortcuts and application folder hundreds of times using that method. I want to know how to prevent the shortcuts reappearing.

If you are moving your pricing to annual subscription (in disguise) then I expect better support than this. I am really looking for alternatives to Parallels now.

5. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

This issue that you are stating, is not possible unless you turn off sharing. Because when you share your virtual machine's applications with Mac, it tends to treat it as a Mac application and as per this post in Mac forums, you cannot remove an application permanently from the launchpad as long as you use it.