Parallels Tools Install Stuck at 66%...

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Kenneth Holley, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Kenneth Holley

Kenneth Holley Junior Member

Just updated to Parallels Pro 11.1.1 this morning - following the update Tools installation started within a Windows 7 Pro (x64) guest. The installation has been stuck at 66% for well over an hour.

Any advice on how to handle would be appreciated.

2. Kenneth Holley

Kenneth Holley Junior Member

Update: After nearly 2 hours of being stuck at 66%, I killed the installation and rebooted the guest. I attempted the Tools installation again, same thing is happening. No antivirus present on this guest, no other apps which would interfere. I'm stumped.

3. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello Kenneth, you may uninstall sound device from Device Manager before installing Parallels Tools. Parallels Tools installation will skip installing sound driver, and will successfully finish, but Windows won't have sound playback. Plz check this article.

4. oztrev

oztrev Member

I guess this is an error in the KB117150:
    • Highlight HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE- > File -> Load Hive -> specify "c:\windows\system32\config\drivers" -> name key somehow (say 'LoadedHive')
    • Edit -> Find, specify the name of the driver (e.g. "prl_dd").
    • Delete all entries of prl_dd in the 'LoadedHeave' branch. (Note: you will need to change owner of the branch and give it permissions 'Full Control').

5. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Kenneth,
    Please re install Parallels Tools manually as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/112609 and check if the issue still persisting,
    If the issue still persisting, perform the below steps:
    1. Start Windows.
    2. Click Start > Type "Run" > Open Run.
    3. Type > %temp% > click OK.
    4. Please find the folder named " PrlToolsPackages " > open the folder.
    5. Find Set up file > right click on it and click on "run as administrator"
    6. Please follow the onscreen prompts to install Parallels Tools and please let us know if you find a error message,
    7. If you get any Error message, Please provide us a screenshot for further investigation.