Copy/Paste

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Nate OCC, May 9, 2006.

1. Nate OCC

Nate OCC Bit poster

Is there any way we can change the universal hotkeys in Windows XP? It would be easy to work with parallels if copy/paste could be the apple + C/ Apple + V

Small issue, just hopeing
    Nathan

2. deathshadow

deathshadow Member

you know, a keyboard remap - ESPECIALLY on the Apple machines would be very handy... like if the apple symbol was mapped to control since you need control to get a function key...

Either that or a better intercept mechanism for the keyboard to FORCE a remap to the XP style keyboard... would solve all the various little keyboard issues between the two platforms.

Because quite frankly, when I hit F10 I expect it to return F10 to the application, not eject my CD.

3. ELB

ELB Bit poster

Copy & Paste between Mac & XP

How about adding the ability to copy and paste (at least text) between the Mac and Windoze?

4. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

This functionality is already in Beta6 with Parallels Tools installed inside guest Windows.

5. widiotter

widiotter Bit poster

This would be a great thing, yeah!! I would prefer the Mac Hotkeys setting too ...

6. krakman

krakman Bit poster

copy paste

this is regarding the OS X version of the product...
    First....
    the copy paste tools under windows are impressive... :)

it would be great if something like this existed under X for linux or solaris...

But as a minimum it would be fantastic if you could allow option to paste just the text stream, as if someone was typing it from the keyboard...

Also I agree it would be nice if one could map the option of having the apple command key be equivilent to control key in other os's....

Just a translate keyboard option per each virtual machine....

Best, and thanks....

ps. I already preordered the product and highly recommend your work...

7. dustonio

dustonio Bit poster

I agree with Nathan here about giving the end-user the option to standardize some hotkey functions between Windows and Mac OS X.

Before Parallels I had two computers (and keyboards) that I switched between; one for XP, one for Mac. I constantly found myself making a mistake when doing a copy/paste function when switching from one to the next. Now with Parallels, I work in two worlds with one keyboard, which means my tendency to forget to switch to XP's key combination is much higher.

Maybe there could be a setting in the options of Parallels to switch the Ctrl key with the Command key. Not only do I do a lot of Copy/Cut/Pasting in both OS's, but I would like to keep the same key combination in the Firefox browser for opening a new tab, since this is also different between the OS's:
    Firefox Open New Tab
    --> Command+ T in OS X
    --> Ctrl+T in Windows XP

I also like to use the Windows Key for shortcuts, such as Open New Explorer Window with Windows+E, but would be willing to switch to Ctrl+E.

Dustino

8. Adrian Liechti

Adrian Liechti Bit poster

an option to set apple+c/v/x to work in windows as well would be great.
    it's really hard to switch the brain as fast as switching in host & guest..

9. Tikaro

Tikaro Bit poster

Another vote here for being able to swap (at least) the mapping of the apple and control keys on the MacBook Pro. As others have mentioned, I'm now always hitting the Apple key when in Windows, and the Control key when in OS 10.

10. Mountain/\Ash

Mountain/\Ash Bit poster

I also want to show my support for this feature. It would make switching back and foreth between 2 different OS's (OSX and Windows 2000) so much more productive.