Unable To Reclaim Disk Space

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by K-Dee, Dec 21, 2015.

1. K-Dee

K-Dee Member

I have a weird issue going on in PD 11 with my Windows XP VM. It keeps claiming that I have 630 MB of space to reclaim when I right click on the VM and choose Reclaim Disk Space. But it never actually reclaims. What's even weirder is that if it has more than the 630MB, it will reclaim everything but 630MB.

Has anyone seen this before? Please advise.

2. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi @K-Dee , please shut down the virtual machine and then try to reclaim the disk space.

3. K-Dee

K-Dee Member

That's what I've always done and the behavior in my original post is what I got every time.

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, please refer to this article to merge snapshots and then try compress and reclaim as suggested in this article.

5. K-Dee

K-Dee Member

Sorry. None of those steps work. For what it's worth, when I run the command line option, it returns to the command line prompt immediately as if it has done nothing. Also, when I try to reclaim disk space, it says that 630 MB are free, but it never reclaims it.

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Since we need to investigate deeper, please email us the issue description along with the screenshot to cs(at)parallels(.)com, so we can check it for you.

7. K-Dee

K-Dee Member

Done. I just sent the e-mail. Thanks.

One other thing, my PD build is Version 11.1.1 (32312)

8. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

We will look into it and get back to you ASAP