parallels 8 to 11

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by edoardob1, Nov 20, 2015.

1. edoardob1

edoardob1 Bit poster

I bought Parallels desktop 8 for my macbook pro about three years ago and I just bought the upgrade version 11 for 49,99 euros but when I try to enter my old key in order to activate the new version it doesn't work. Is there a way to get my money back or buy the complete version for 79,99?

fumyG likes this.
  2. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi edoardob1,
    Please check your private message.

3. fumyG

fumyG Bit poster

I have the same problem.
    What about me?
    Open ticket #2216266

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, Please check your private message and reply us.

5. Brian Turner

Brian Turner Bit poster

You've been sending me emails for months, urging me to upgrade to Parallels 11. I eventually gave in and paid for the upgrade a few weeks ago. I now have the time to install this upgrade but I find that I can't do so. I have Parallels 8 so I can't install my upgrade of Parallels 11 unless I also purchase Parallels 9 or 10 first and upgrade from there.
    Nowhere in your promotional material does it inform me that I can't upgrade directly from Parallels 8 to 11.
    How do I claim a refund for my purchase of Parallels 11 upgrade as it is obviously of no use to me?

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Dear Brian, we've a special offer for you. Kindly email us at cs@parallels.com to avail the bundle offer.

7. RicardoA1

RicardoA1 Bit poster

I have the same problem. Just bought Parallels 11 and noticed only afterwards that an upgrade from version 8 is not possible.

How can I upgrade?

8. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello RicardoA1, please check your private message and respond, so that we can help you better.

9. Brian Turner

Brian Turner Bit poster

I don't know what the 'Special Offer' was, but I eventually installed Parallels 11 and used the unlock code that was supplied in the accompanying email and everything works fine. I did not have to buy any other Parallels version or pay for any other upgrade unlock codes. I was most concerned that Parallels 11 would overwrite my version 8 and there would be no way of reverting to that older version.
    I wasted many hours on this though and the whole process was incredibly frustrating. As I stated at the beginning, their marketing material suggested that I could update directly from Parallels 8 to Parallels 11 and a link was given to several Knowledge Base articles clearly explaining the process. The problems arose however, when the 1st of these articles stated that:
    If your previous version key is for Parallels Desktop 8 or earlier, visit the Parallels Online Store to purchase a full license for Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac.
    This is incredibly misleading and was the source of many heated email exchanges and a waste of several hours. As it is possible to upgrade (as I have just done) from v8 directly to v11, then this instruction should be removed from the KB article.
    I have to wonder just how many people are seeing this and simply paying for a v9 or v10 that they just don't need. I hate greedy, irresponsible companies that rip-off their customers in that way.

10. OleP

OleP Bit poster

I too bought the upgrade and didn't realize it wouldn't work with parallels 8. I hope you can help me convert it to a full version.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  11. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi Ole, please check your private message and reply us.

12. AntonT2

AntonT2 Bit poster

Hi Folks! My name is Anton....Same thing here....!!!! Just purchased an update and moments later realized that my previous version is 6 instead of 9-10. What should I do now? My order number was: ALLSOFT-6263814 Regards, Anton

13. Sylvester@Parallels

Hello Anton,
    Please check your private message and reply us!

14. OleP

OleP Bit poster

Hi Paul Chris,

I have answered your private message, but I haven't heard back.. I'm wondering if somehow the pm got lost in your support system or is there something else I need to do?

Regards,

Ole

15. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Ole, please check your private message.

16. AnthonyD2

AnthonyD2 Bit poster

Good afternoon. I'm in the same boat as everyone else here. I'd like to upgrade from 8 to 11. Is it possible to do so without the full $80 fee?
    thanks
    Anthony

17. Sylvester@Parallels

Hello Anthony,
    Upgrade to Parallels Desktop version 11 is available only for the users who currently use version 9 or 10.

18. wittaya1

wittaya1 Bit poster

Hello!
    I have the same problem. Just purchased the upgrade version of 11 but forgot that I have version 8. Is there anyway I can buy the full version?

19. Sylvester@Parallels

Hello wittaya,
    Please check your private message and reply us!

20. AnthonyD2

AnthonyD2 Bit poster

Now that Ive purchased and installed parallels 11, is it ok to delete parallels 8 without losing my windows applications. How do I uninstall?
    Thanks