Latest update: VM crashes repeatedly & Windows 10 start menu does not show anymore

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by 667eoh, Jan 5, 2016.

1. 667eoh

667eoh Junior Member

Hi,

I just updated to 11.1.2 (32408) in the Pro edition. After that update Parallels crashed twice already the last 15 minutes or so, I also seem to be unable to press / activate the Start menu in Windows (like I can press the Windows key or click the icon in the lower right corner, but the menu would not show up).

Does anyone have the same problem or a solution?

2. AnthonyW2

AnthonyW2 Bit poster

This is a serious issue with us also. This started after the update and re-installing the parallel tools, if you update and do not install the tools Windows would work but there is limited access to the physical machine. When searching the web, it stated that Outlook was causing the issue, but even turning outlook off didn't help. Right now I can get windows to work for various lengths of time by turning off the view on all screens. This is a major issue.

3. 667eoh

667eoh Junior Member

Update: Looks as if the two crashes destroyed the Windows installation. The "Repair Windows 10" did not work for me, but I had a snapshot from last month I could revert to.

4. AnthonyW2

AnthonyW2 Bit poster

I found the same to be true, it would not allow any repairs to the existing windows. In the few times i've spoken with anyone, I've always been encouraged to use coherence mode to make parallels run better although it does not work for our application. I wonder what changing to coherence would do.

5. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi all, Windows 10 virtual machine crashes with nested virtualization enabled after update to Parallels Desktop 11 Hotfix 2, try this solution.

6. AnthonyW2

AnthonyW2 Bit poster

Thank you

7. MarkG2

MarkG2 Bit poster

So the solution to a crash for users who need to use the this for the Windows Phone Emulator is Actually turn it off !!!!! what a great answer,
    How is that a solution !!!!!!!!
    Why not just make the previous version available for download .....