Parallels desktop 10: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by George Fidias, Dec 28, 2014.

1. JamesF4

JamesF4 Bit poster

Hello, we've used to install corporate parallels packages for Marketing Department of Itransition.com company. We used our 10 systems limit and now we require one more activation, what should we do?

2. GrahamW1

GrahamW1 Bit poster

Hi I have just bought a new full license for Parallels 11 and want to re-use my old 10 license for another machine, on trying to activate I am getting this message... This is not acceptable!!

Let me know what I need to do to correct this issue.

3. Konstantin@Parallels

Konstantin@Parallels Junior Member

Hi there,
    I've sent you a personal message, please reply)

4. DurrellB

DurrellB Bit poster

Hi I am trying to move a parallels desktop 10 licence to another mac. I get
    "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."
    Can you help!

5. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi DurrellB, Please check your private message and respond, so that we can help you better.

6. Ram@Parallels

Hi DurrellB, thank you for providing us the info, please check your private message for the solution.

7. StephenB2

StephenB2 Bit poster

Ran into this. Parallels requires one license per machine even if they are all your machines. To heck with that, I switched to VMWare Fusion which allows one license to be used on multiple machines as is the norm on Apple machines. To my delight, I much preferred the product.

8. Ram@Parallels

In accordance with the End User License Agreement terms and conditions, a Parallels Desktop for Mac retail license can only be used for activation of Parallels Desktop for Mac on a single Mac machine at a time.
    Note: In order to use Parallels Desktop for Mac on several Mac machines, you need to purchase the corresponding number of licenses. If you would like to move Parallels Desktop from one computer to another, you do not need to buy a new key, simply uninstall the software from the Mac it is currently installed on before installing on a new one.

Reynald_BRIZAIS likes this.
  9. Reynald_BRIZAIS

Reynald_BRIZAIS Bit poster

Only one computer for one licence ! It's a pure scandal ! For the other version, we can install one iMac and one powerbook for example ! It's a usual configuration ! Now we have to pay another time for the same thing ! Do you thinks, dear Parallels, that we have money without limits ?
    I think that it is the last time for me with you....

10. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Reynald,
    You can follow this article and move Parallels Desktop license from one computer to other, so this will help you to use your Parallels Desktop license on different Macs but not simultaneously.

11. jaggededge

jaggededge Bit poster

Migrating from old mac to new mac. I followed instructions on here (http://kb.parallels.com/en/116527) to migrate parallels 10 as well i.e uninstalled parallels on the old machines. But i keep getting following message when trying to activate it on the new machine: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key"
    Please assist!

12. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi, please check your private message.

13. MehreenS

MehreenS Junior Member

Hello Dear
    Desktop 10 Activated Only in One Computer at the same time.

14. jaggededge

jaggededge Bit poster

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I know it can only run on ones desktop at any given time but as I stated in my original post, parallels has been uninstalled from old Mac. So it is currently running only on one machine (infact it is not running anywhere because on new Mac it will not activate)

15. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Please check your private message and reply us.

16. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Please check your private message and reply us.

17. jaggededge

jaggededge Bit poster

I have replied back to the private message!!

18. jaggededge

jaggededge Bit poster

Hi,
    Is there a SLA on for these support requests to get resolved? I have provided all the responses promptly and waiting for a resolution!!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  19. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hello Dear, we will check and update you the Direct message.

20. HenrikS1

HenrikS1 Bit poster

Hi Paul Chris,

A while ago I wrote a post @ https://forum.parallels.com/threads/non-developer-friendly-license.330005/, and how people working in a technical capacity may have issues with Parallels due to the archaic licensing model. Is this something that you have yet to discuss internally or can one expect a reasonably resolution any time soon?

As of now it is a major impediment in using your product and with such a huge limitation hidden in fine print you are only doing yourself a disservice.

Happy Friday!

Best,
    Henrik