Internet Connection problems after switching ISP

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ThomasB2, Nov 16, 2015.

1. ThomasB2

ThomasB2 Bit poster

I recently changed from Comcast to CenturyLink for my ISP. The new modem also includes a built in router that I have to use. However, I want to continue using my Apple Time Capsule for both backup and my wi-fi network. If I connect my Time Capsule to the new router via ethernet, everything works as before with the following exception. I get a amber blinking warning light on my Time Capsule (apparently it doesn't like being plugged into another router.) If I update the Time Capsule network to Bridged, from DCHP and NAT, the warning goes away and I get a green light on the Time Capsule. The Mac network works fine, but my VM Network quits working (IP Address already in use).

I tried a number of settings in the VM, but couldn't get it to work.

I can live with the blinking amber light, but just thought I'd ask to see if there were any suggestions on the right VM settings that would work when the Time Capsule is in Bridged mode.

2. Manu@Parallels

Manu@Parallels Guest

Hello ThomasB2,
    We need you to submit a Problem Report and provide us with its ID number. Please follow this KB article to submit Problem Report: http://kb.parallels.com/9058

3. Karlah

Karlah Bit poster

4. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

5. MehreenS

MehreenS Junior Member

Hello Dear
    - Solve troubalshooting Problem.
    - Configure ISP for your device.

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Great! Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help. Thanks!

7. WMesser58

WMesser58 Bit poster

I'm not seeing a lot of help here. I have parallel desktop 8 and can't connect my internet to it. I can't get any information that is directed specifically to this issue. It's simple how do you connect to parallel in order to use my sip from my apple laptop. I can't upgrade anything nor will I want to if I can't access the internet. I only bought it to use microsoft access but it's not that important given I have a PC but I'd like to use my Mac and use parallel to use windows.

8. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello WMesser,
    Unfortunately we no longer support Parallels Desktop version 8, it is now an end of life product, please refer to the article http://kb.parallels.com/123274 .
    I would suggest you to follow this article and install Parallels Desktop 11 to fix this issue.

9. WMesser58

WMesser58 Bit poster

Well when I bought 8 I couldn't get it to work so I'm not confident spending more money if it's not going to resolve my issue is the answer.

10. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi,
    You can follow this article and get a 14 days trial pack and check if it works fine and then you can proceed with the purchase.