iPad Pro

Discussion in 'Accessing your Mac' started by joevt, Nov 30, 2015.

1. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

Has anyone tried Parallels Access on an iPad Pro? The image is usable, but I can't seem to get it as clear as on an iPad or iPad Air.

The iPad display has a width (landscape) of 1024 pixels. The iPad Air has a width of 2048. The iPad Pro has a width of 2732.

I can create any resolution (retina or normal) on my Mac to match the iPad displays using SwitchRes X. The iPad's are 4:3 aspect ratio, but sometimes it's better to use 16:10 or 16:9 so that the Parallels Access UI elements don't cover as much of the bottom of the image (it would be even better if Parallels Access moved the image to the top of the iPad screen, and while I'm making suggestions, I'd like an option on each iPad to set the desired resolution using a list of resolutions (normal or retina) ordered by preference in case the Mac doesn't include a preferred resolution).

Anyway, I wonder if Parallels Access is using an image buffer with width 1024 or 2048 on the iPad Pro which doesn't align with the 2732 width of the iPad Pro display...

2. Yourguide

Yourguide Bit poster

I have been using Access on the iPad pro for a few weeks now. I am hoping Parallels will get their hands on one and troubleshoot all the little annoyances that you mentioned. Nothing seems to be a deal breaker as far as usage goes.... But I too can't seem to find the sweet spot for a clear image that takes advantage of the large screen. Also using with the Pencil and Keyboard requires a little extra time in clicking the Keyboard icon of the toolbar in order for it to work. Sometimes when it doesn't, I have to switch something like desktop mode off then on again and then the keyboard will work again.
    Parallels folks, if you are listening...This would be a great setup for mobile data warriors... With a little tweaking the iPad pro and Access could finally let me cut the laptop chord. :).

KenichiN1 likes this.
  3. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

We are listening and will continue to work on improving Parallels Access to work at its best on all the supported platforms and devices. Make sure that you are on the latest version of Parallels Access and check out this link on more info on Parallels Access on iPad Pro.

KenichiN1 likes this.
  4. MichaelT8

MichaelT8 Bit poster

Hi, any update on supporting the full resolution of the iPad Pro?

KenichiN1 likes this.
  5. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

Nothing yet! Dev team is working to make this happen - stay tuned for more updates! Also visit out blog at http://bit.ly/1XAtr8o

KenichiN1 likes this.