Previous activation key not working

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MartinL3, Jan 11, 2016.

1. MartinL3

MartinL3 Bit poster

Hi thanks for your time. I just bought the parallels upgrade and when i enter the key for my previous version the "activate" button doesn't work.
    Please help thank you!

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Martin, Customers who are using Parallels Desktop 8 or the earlier versions are not eligible for upgrade pricing for Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac. If you would like to take advantage of all Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac features, you will need to purchase a full copy of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac. As you have already purchased an upgrade copy of Parallels Desktop, we can offer a link which will let you buy the full version of Parallels Desktop 11 for $30.00 only. In this case the upgrade activation key will be deactivated. Please advise if you would like to accept the offer to pay the difference and get a full version key. Otherwise we may process a refund for your Upgrade order and you will purchase a full version license for regular price.

TammyH1 likes this.
  3. GregM4

GregM4 Bit poster

Hello there, I am having the same problem here, I already purchased the upgrade. How should I proceed?

4. Manu@Parallels

Manu@Parallels Guest

Hello GregM4,
    Please check your private message and reply.

5. AndresV1

AndresV1 Bit poster

I have the same problem, can you send me the link to pay the difference? thx

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hello Andres, please email us to cs(at)parallels(.)com with the reference number, so that we can check it for you.

7. AndresV1

AndresV1 Bit poster

I sent a response by email with the information but didn't hear anything yet...

8. RobertA3

RobertA3 Bit poster

I too apparently am in the same boat except in my case, I can't find the previous key. I was running version 9 but it may have been an upgrade from an original version 8 install. Any help would be appreciated.

9. TammyH1

TammyH1 Bit poster

i am in the same boat here it won't activate.. i didn't know when i purchased this i thought it would work from my ver. 7 please send me the link to

10. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Tammy,
    Please check your private message and reply us!

TammyH1 likes this.
  11. MarioT1

MarioT1 Bit poster

I have the same problem too...I have just made a request also at cs@parallels.com Is it enough?
    Thanks

12. TammyH1

TammyH1 Bit poster

got the link thank you everything is great now

13. PaulChristopher@Parallels

You're welcome, Tammy! Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help. Thanks!

14. RobertA3

RobertA3 Bit poster

May I also get a link?

15. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hello RobertA3, Please check your private message and reply us.

16. AndreyD3

AndreyD3 Bit poster

I've started use Parallels since version 7 and upgraded it upto 11 step by step. Today I downgraded my MAC OS X to 10.10.5 Yosimate and want return to Parallels v 10.
    Now when I try to activate Parallels during installation is says my License Key for v10 is for Upgrade only and "Please type previous key". But none of my previous License Keys doesn't accepted by installation program ( 7(full), 8, 9, 10 - all upgrade).
    Please help me finally install it.
    Thanks!

17. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi @AndreyD3, please check your private message and respond.

18. JeniA

JeniA Bit poster

I need the link ASAP! Thanks.

19. PatW2

PatW2 Bit poster

After two frustrating days of trying to get Parallels 11 to accept my Parallels 8 license, I'm so happy I found this thread. Could you please send me the link to convert the upgrade to the regular version?

I hate to grumble, but it seems the upgrade message I kept getting when I started Parallels 8 could have been a tad clearer about this.

20. PatW2

PatW2 Bit poster

...and I do understand that this conversion will cost $30. :)