Outlook pst "access denied...do not have permission"

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by rrbjax, Jan 15, 2016.

1. rrbjax

rrbjax Bit poster

P11 Pro updated, W7 Pro, MS Office 2013 started getting error below when upgraded to P11 -
    upload_2016-1-15_15-26-19.png
    The problem is random, I shut down and then it works for a while, then denies access again. Need help, this happens 3-4 times a day.

2. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

3. rrbjax

rrbjax Bit poster

Tried it already and tried again today - problem persists. Article also says problem was fixed in P update, but this also has not solved the problem. Outlook doesn't crash - e.g. shutdown, it just cuts off access to the pst. Sometimes it will allow me back in after a few minutes without shutting OL down, but that's the solution most times. Also, it only happens with one PST file. I have 2, both POP. It happens to the default pst, which is also a domain address for work. The other is a bellsouth.net. I have also no problem accessing either pst from other devices - iPhone, iPad.

4. rrbjax

rrbjax Bit poster

Also did scanpst repair and the file is located on the Mac. However, I have used OL 2013 this way for months and previous OL versions set up this way for over 2 years. Problem began when I upgraded to P11Pro...

5. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, please reinstall Parallels Tools and then right-click the file, click Properties, click to clear the Read Only check box, and then click OK. The Import process should now finish successfully.

6. rrbjax

rrbjax Bit poster

The problem persists.

7. rrbjax

rrbjax Bit poster

After 4 hrs on the phone with tech he never solved this particular problem. I finally removed the problem pst from outlook, ran scanpst several times, then set it up again in outlook. Now it works and I haven't had that problem, but I do get an Internet Security Error about the mail servers security certificate. I approve and install and Outlook keeps asking every startup...never had that problem before P11 either.