Windows Explorer Fails to Refresh After Upgrading Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Skysurfer, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Skysurfer

Skysurfer Member

I'm posting this to save others the time and frustration I experienced after upgrading from Parallels 10 to 11.

Issue: After I made the upgrade, changes made in Windows Explorer (creating/deleting folders or adding/deleting files) would not display/refresh unless I hit the F5 key. Some of the solutions I tried below did work, but none did so after relaunching Windows.

Solutions that failed:
    1. Relaunch Windows Explorer in Task Manager (did not survive a reboot)
    2. Edit registry: In "Dontrefresh", change the 1 to a 0 (no effect)
    3. Upgrade ATI/INVIDIA drivers (not tried, but discussed in some forums)
    4. Run system scans and Microsoft error checking/fixing (zero issues found & no fixed/changes were made or suggested)
    5. Upgrade to Windows 10

Solution that worked: It turns out that I have a lot of short cut folders on my desktop that I do 99% of my work in and it was those folders and only those folders that I experienced the refresh problem. So, I deleted and then recreated each one of them. Problem solved.

Lawrence

2. Manu@Parallels

Manu@Parallels Guest

Hello Skysurfer,
    We need you to submit a Problem Report and provide us with its ID number. Please follow this KB article to submit Problem Report:http://kb.parallels.com/9058
    Please submit a report while reproducing the issue and provide us with generated ID number.

3. Skysurfer

Skysurfer Member

This issue was resolved and there is no problem that I can reproduce on my end. I found the solution and posted it above for the benefit of your team and your users.

If it's helpful, I can still create that Problem Report. Please let me know if that is what you would like.

Lawrence