Parallels Desktop 11 screen positon problem after Mac sleep

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DanielVidic, Feb 3, 2016.

1. DanielVidic

DanielVidic Bit poster

This video is about Parallels Desktop 11 problem with picture position on monitor. Begining is after wake from Mac sleep, parallels windows screen is shifted up, after suspend of windows it restores as it shoult be in a first place.
    Anyone know how to solve this problem?

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Daniel,
    Screen resolution in Parallels Desktop virtual machines is controlled by the Dynamic Resolution feature which is provided by Parallels Tools.
    When you resize the virtual machine's window by dragging its lower right corner, Guest OS window resolution changes automatically. When the virtual machine runs in Full-Screen view mode, the Dynamic Resolution automatically adjusts guest OS screen resolution to match Mac native screen resolution.
    So In order to disable the Dynamic Resolution feature in Full-Screen mode kindly follow this article.

3. DanielVidic

DanielVidic Bit poster

I have not problem with resolution. Problem is: Windows in full screen is shifted up for about 3cm (1 inch) and top 3cm is not visible. That happens after wake up from sleep on Mac. Look at second 5 of video and then second 45, at 5 windows status bar is much higher then on 45, and take a look at top of screen, at 45 is visible part of screen which is not on 05. I cannot make Print screen, because Print screen in both cases gives same result. Off and On from Parallels desktop centar (as in video) restores Windows in correct way.

4. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

Can you please let us know from when that you are facing the issue as well as generate a Problem report ID as per this article an share so that we can assist you further.

5. DanielVidic

DanielVidic Bit poster

That happens after wake up from sleep on Mac. There is a MAC screenshot in attachement. I have never this problem with Parallels 8, 9 and 10, but with 11 problem it happens almost every day. I have sent you Parallels Report ID: 88420495

Attached Files:

6. ManojK@Parallels

Plz reproduce the issue in a test virtual machine which can be created as per this article

7. DanielVidic

DanielVidic Bit poster

I have reproduced issue in test virtual machine. What should I do next, how to send it?
    First screenshot is MAC Command-Shift-3 and second is Windows Print screen.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  8. ManojK@Parallels

Could you please forward us the information in an email to cs(at)parallels(.)com, so we can check it through a remote session for you.

9. DanielVidic

DanielVidic Bit poster

I have installed Parallels Desktop 12 for MAC and problem is solved!

10. Sounds Great!