2015 MacBook Performance

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JustAnotherGuy, Feb 8, 2016.

1. JustAnotherGuy

JustAnotherGuy Bit poster

All,
    I've just setup a new 2015 MacBook (1.2 GHz Core M, 8 GB RAM) running Parallels 10 and the latest version of Windows 10. Host Operating system is El Capitan.

Overall the performance is ... ok...however the video performance (e.g. - YouTube HD videos) is literally horrible. It's so laggy and jerky that it's not even watchable. Is there anything that can be done about this or is the hardware itself simply not up to speed?

The same video, btw, in the host OS will play beautifully. So I don't think the hardware itself is immediately to blame.

Thanks!

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, Please follow the steps mentioned below to increase Video performance on your Windows virtual machine:
    1. Set the maximum volume of Memory within the recommended limits on your Mac. Make sure you keep at least 50% of total RAM being still allocated to the Mac OS X. To know how much RAM you have on your Mac click the Apple logo in the top left corner of the screen > About This Mac.

2. Switch to Options tab -> Optimization. Make sure that Performance option is set to 'Faster virtual machine', and Power option is set to 'Better performance.

3.Switch to Hardware tab -> (Graphics). Set 512MB or 1 GB of video memory. Set DirectX 10 version from the drop-down menu.

4.Check Enable vertical synchronization.

3. JustAnotherGuy

I've made all of these adjustments (they were all set except the increase in video memory) and while it's somewhat better, the video is still choppy. Another thing I've noticed is that the audio produces a lot of hissing, clicking and popping sounds that I don't hear viewing a 4K video in the native Mac OS.

Here's the video I'm using as a sample -

4. JustAnotherGuy

Actually, even at 480p or 360p, this video clip is noticeably laggy and slow:

5. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, since we need to investigate deeper, please email us the issue description along with the screenshot to cs@parallels.com, so we could help.