Problems with my Netboot Service

Discussion in 'Parallels Mac Management for Microsoft SCCM' started by ChristofferM, Jan 22, 2016.

1. ChristofferM

ChristofferM Bit poster

Can someone tell me, how to change the SMS site code, when i run the Parallels Netboot Configuration Wizard.
    I run it on my Primary site, but when im about to finish, it chooses my CAS server instead.
    Ive tried to rerun it many times, both as "local server" and the Remote server (Primary Site IP address.)

2. Evgeny Smirnov

Evgeny Smirnov Parallels Developers

Hi Christoffer,
    In Parallels Netboot Configuration Wizard log (pmm_netboot_config.log) you should see line like "Site code is set to XXX". What site code is printed?

3. ChristofferM

ChristofferM Bit poster

Hello again :) Thanks for The reply. this is just a small look into the logfile...
    01-22 10:49:31.699 I /NetBootCfgUtils:3452:239c/ SMS SiteCode: 006
    01-22 10:49:31.716 I /NetBootCfgUtils:3452:239c/ TFTP root: G:\RemoteInstall
    01-22 10:49:31.730 I /NetBootCfgUtils:3452:239c/ SMS DP ContentLib: G:\SCCMContentLib
    01-22 10:49:31.752 I /logrotate:3452:239c/ Log rotator started
    01-22 10:50:20.064 I /pma_netboot_config:3452:239c/ Site code is set to CAS

Later on

01-22 12:39:02.238 I /NetBootCfgUtils:4104:adc/ SMS SiteCode: 006

As i understand, the wizard set the SMS site Code to CAS - But It is Actually not case here! ;)

4. ChristofferM

ChristofferM Bit poster

I also got this, from the pma_Netboot_Service.log
    01-26 10:27:14.435 D /pma_netboot_service:2692:1958/ 10:9A:DD:59:BF:A1: BSDP
    • :Replay port: 812
      01-26 10:27:14.436 D /pma_netboot_service:2692:1958/ No images available for client 10:9A:DD:59:BF:A1/MacBookPro6,2.

Ive imported the netboot image, and distributed it to all our DP's.

5. ChristofferM

ChristofferM Bit poster

I managed to firuge it out myself. I had to change the keys manually: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\pma_netboot_service\Parameters

6. ChristofferM

ChristofferM Bit poster

Another question- when i run the Netboot Wizard, i dont have the option to choose "support unknown macs" can someone tell me why? and how to resolve this ?

7. Evgeny Smirnov

Evgeny Smirnov Parallels Developers

Currently it is implemented using "Unknown Mac OS X Systems" collection. Please refer to Admin Guide for details.

8. ChristofferM

ChristofferM Bit poster

Thank you for the Reply!

But now comes my next question:
    I have managed to get it to netboot, but my Task Sequence is not available when im netbooting the Mac - i have tried to deploy the ts to both collections individually and together, with no success.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  9. RobinL1

RobinL1 Junior Member

Hi ChristofferM, did you get this resolved? I've a similar issue and would love to know how to resolve it. Thanks!

10. ChristofferM

ChristofferM Bit poster

Hello Robin.
    I did not find a solution to this, unfortunately - i am curently i contact with my reseller, and he believe it is a bug - somewhere between sccm and Parallels.

11. ChristofferM

ChristofferM Bit poster

I've been in contact with technical support, who cannot help me - they send me directly to their support site, and told me to find the answer there. Unfortunately i was not able to find anything that could help me

12. Yury Averkiev

Yury Averkiev Program Manager Member

Hi Christoffer,
    can you please send to me your support ticket number?

ChristofferM likes this.
  13. ChristofferM

ChristofferM Bit poster

I was in contact with a guy called Patrick Begbie - who send me a guidance to raise a ticket. And i was unable to follow the Kb he refered to. http://kb.parallels.com/en/115528
    At first i was in contact with your reseller in Denmark called Atea, and they told me a technical support from parallels would contact me and help troubleshoot.