Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Subscription

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by LeonK2, Feb 11, 2016.

1. LeonK2

LeonK2 Bit poster

Hi,
    I am currently using Parallels Desktop 10. My company got me the Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Subscription and assigned me a Key. However when I try to add the key to my account, it say invalid key? I haven't used the key to install yet.

Another question is how to upgrade Parallel desktop 10 to the Business Edition? do I uninstall 10 clean and install Business edition? my VM is just Boocamp. so I am ok to remove all VM and re-create my VM from the bootcamp again. so my current plane is
    1. In Bootcamp windows (cannot boot from parallels VM due to OSX 10.11 update), I uninstall Parallel tools.
    2. in OSX uninstall the Paralles 10 completely. Remove the Bootcamp VM folder under /user/{myname}
    3. install Parallel desktop Business edition

Or if there is a faster way?

Thank.

2. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hi LeonK2, please check your Private Message for further update on this.

3. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

To upgrade to Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Business Edition from Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac, you may follow the below steps:

1. Uninstall Parallels Desktop 10 completely using PDRemove
    2. Download and Install Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac
    3. Activate Parallels Desktop for Mac using your Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition activation key.
    Upgrading Parallels Desktop for Mac from version 10 to Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition will not corrupt or make changes to your Boot Camp Windows. You can continue using the same.

4. LeonK2

LeonK2 Bit poster

Thanks. Message replied.