Can't choose development profiel

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Nick5, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Nick5

Nick5 Bit poster

Hi there,

At this article: http://kb.parallels.com/en/122658 you have the option to choose a Software development profile.
    But when I installed windows 10 on Parallels desktop 11 I didn't see the option.
    [​IMG]
    What do I wrong?

Kind regards,
    Nick

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Nick, a new edition to the Parallels Desktop family, Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition was designed for developers, web and graphic designers, power users, and other demanding pros. Please check whether you are using Parallels Desktop Pro edition. Please refer to this article for the difference between Parallels Desktop for Mac and Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition.

3. Nick5

Nick5 Bit poster

Allright I understand, I have the education version. Which profile do you recommend me, Productivity or Games as best alternative for Development?

4. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hi Nick5, The best alternative for Development profile would be Productivity. Choosing the Productivity profile, the virtual machine will have two virtual CPUs assigned to it, which is optimal for most applications.