Configuration Question

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by sartis, Feb 12, 2016.

1. sartis

sartis Bit poster

Hello, I posted this in another area but got no response, so I will try here....

I'm have a macbook pro running mac os x 10.11.3 and I have parallels 11 loaded with win 10. I have a sql express instance running on the VM. I have the VM assigned a static ip address right now and everything works fine when I'm at home. I want to be able to access this VM when I'm not at home. Generally when I'm out, I'm connected to the internet via my iphone....is this configuration possible?

Thanks,

Steve

2. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

Hey Sartis,
    You can access your computer at home remotely using Parallels access application, see this article to get started with it.

3. sartis

sartis Bit poster

Hi Sylvester, Thanks for the response, I don't think I explained my problem good enough. So currently, both my macbook and Vm (this Vm is on the macbook) are set to obtain an IP address automatically via dhcp, everything works fine. When I'm at home my ip address is 10.xx.xx.xx, when I'm outside of my internal network and connected via my iphone for internet, I get an ip address like 172.xx.xx.xx . The VM has sql server running on it. When I have a 172 address, my connection to sql is broken. I need the ip address on the vm to not change so my connection to sql server is not broken. I'm using default adapter - bridged mode, is the correct networking mode? I hope this explains it better