Bizarre graphics resulting from attempting to fix a completely different problem in parallels

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DavidA4, Feb 12, 2016.

1. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

Okay, it seems that I've opened up a can of worms while attempting to connect my Windows 7 virtual machine to the local network drive. Earlier this morning I posted about not being able to connect to my network drive. I was instructed to reinstall the Parallel Tools as part of the procedure in an attempt to fix this problem. Reinstalling Parallel Tools did nothing to fix the network problem - but it screwed up the Windows graphics! Now, all of my menus are strangely large. It's just kind of screwed up now.

In the attached file you can see that the menu of the program run under Windows is very large (top) - large enough to push out the other little icons that sit in the same space. Also, in this same photo you can see that right clicking on the circular windows start button produces unusually large text. Other programs are affected by this - such as Window Explorer. You can see that the red box with an x used to close a program is weirdly large - every Windows dialog or application sports these very large x at the top right.

So, while trying to fix a network drive I've ended up with a new problem (and I never got the network drive connected!).

grrr

I'm afraid to ask what the fix for this would be (if anything).

Attached Files:

2. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

Found a work around

My original graphics setting was "Best for Retina" (which I like - and didn't want to change).

What I did was first switch to "Scaled" and then BACK to "Best for Retina"

Now the text menus and dialog boxes in Windows don't have that appearance that something has gong wrong (that is - too large and looking odd).

Attached Files:

3. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels