Internet security 2012 bought activation code no longer supported

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DanielK5, Feb 13, 2016.

1. DanielK5

DanielK5 Bit poster

Hi,

I bought an Internet Security (2012) and the provided activation code is not valid.
    Also getting a valid code from Kaspersky was not possible. They claimed not to be responsible.

Buying a software directly from the Parallels home page which is not supported any longer must not be. It seems to be a loop hole in the system.

I cannot use the product I payed for. That is not nice.

2. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi DanielK5, could you please provide us the below information, so that we can help you better.
    1. Have you used this license earlier or this is the first time you want to use it?
    2. Is it Internet Security for Windows?
    What happens when you try to activate it is there any error message?

3. DanielK5

DanielK5 Bit poster

Hi Ram,
    here are my answers.
    1. no I haven't used this license before. It was was not possible to activate Internet security
    2. Internet security for Windows. See the attached image. I bought a product that is not valid (expired).

Thanks,
    DanielK5

Attached Files:

4. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi @DanielK5, please let us know version of Windows installed as a virtual machine.

5. DanielK5

DanielK5 Bit poster

Hi,
    I'm using Windows XP home (German) on an iMac with Mac OS X 10.6 in a Parallels Desktop 7 virtaual machine (see attached image).
    I updated Internet security after at least one year working with an expired version. I didn't update it after it expired a year before. But after many threads from virusses I decided to re-activate it and bought this expired license.
    Unfortunately I got an invalid license key.
    Thanks for your help.

DanielK5

Attached Files:

6. AegisI

AegisI Member

Hello
    I haven't utilized this permit some time recently. It was impractical to actuate Internet security Internet security for Windows. See the joined picture. I chose to re-enact it and purchased this lapsed permit.

7. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Daniel, please check the compatibility of the software with Windows XP.

8. DanielK5

DanielK5 Bit poster

Hi Dhruba,
    what do you mean with that?
    In can install the downloaded package and it starts on my Windows XP home SP3 like it did before.
    I really wonder why I was able to buy an Internet Security 2012 software in October 2015. I only followed the instruction in the menu (see attached picture).
    Obiviously, it makes sense that a key for Internet Security 2012 is not valid for activation in 2015.
    But, it shouldn't have been available in the store.
    Thanks for your help.

Daniel

Attached Files:

9. DanielK5

DanielK5 Bit poster

Hi all,

what is going on now? There seems to be no solution for my problem.
    But I want my money back. The product which I paid for is not working at all.
    I shouldn't have been in the store.

Thanks and regards

Daniel

10. MarkR2

MarkR2 Bit poster

Return it and get a refund.

11. DanielK5

DanielK5 Bit poster

Thanks, but how?

12. DanielK5

DanielK5 Bit poster

Nothing happened :(