Windows 10 doesn't see Win 7 apps or docs?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by jefferis, Feb 13, 2016.

1. jefferis

jefferis Member

I installed Windows 10 in parallels. I have a Win 7 install and I believe Win 10 saw that license as an upgrade. However, now in 10 I see all my mac desktop apps and things but I don't see the apps and docs from my Windows 7 Parallels install... How do I link them, import them or recover them?

When I open Win 7, the apps and files are all there....

2. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Jefferis, since Windows 7 and Windows 10 are two different virtual machines you cannot use the same application installed in one virtual machine to the other. We do not have the option to import the application however, you can install all the required applications.

3. jefferis

jefferis Member

What about finding the documents? For example, I can't find the files created by Word because 10 can't see the 7 docs folder... is that right?

4. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi @jefferis, documents will be seen from a different virtual machine. Check the original file location from the virtual machine and then navigate the same from the other virtual machine, provided sharing is enabled.