parallels 10 cannot get the trial version

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by rangerek, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Jessa

Jessa Bit poster

Hi,
    I am unable to get a trial key too. It says I have network connection problem when it is working properly. May I get a trial key too please?

2. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

3. JessicaO

JessicaO Bit poster

Hi,
    I cannot get trial key for Parallels desktop 10 for mac.
    It says check Internet connection.
    Can I get a trial key by email to activate the product ?
    Thanks

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Dear Jessica, we have stopped providing a trial for older versions since the release of Parallels Desktop 11. We would suggest you to try a trial copy of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac as suggested in this article.

5. PAULINEP1

PAULINEP1 Bit poster

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem. Every time I click 'Get Trial', there's a messaging stating "Unable to request a trial key.". I'm using Parallels 10.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi PAULINEP1, we have stopped providing a trial for older versions since the release of Parallels Desktop 11. We would suggest you to try a trial copy of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac as suggested in this article.

7. GilbertoR

GilbertoR Bit poster

Hi:
    I had Paralles 8 installed on my macbook pro with Lion. I need to install Yosemite and I know I am entitled to free upgrade to Parallels 10 but it does not accept my Parallels 8 activation key. I just read that trial versions of 10 are no longer available. I don't need yet Paralles 11 because could not yet intsal El Captain due to compatibility issues with other software I use. Tomorrow is a working day and I need to fix it. I am in Brazil time zone.
    thanks.

8. Tu_

Tu_ Bit poster

I just installed Parallels 10 in Mac OS X Yosemite Beta. When trying to get a trial key, it shows: "Unable to get trial key, check your internet connection and try again". (Original message in spanish). Internet connection is working

9. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi,
    we have stopped providing trial keys for older versions since the release of Parallels Desktop 11. We would suggest you to try a trial copy of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac as suggested in this article.

10. Hal1

Hal1 Bit poster

I'm also unable to request trial key for P10.4

11. Hal1

Hal1 Bit poster

whoa?
    So for us users who are content with os x 10.8.5 what are we supposed to do? PD 11 won't run on our systems. Please help us out here.

12. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi Hal1,
    Please check out this article to know the compatibility of Mac OS X and Parallels Desktop. Parallels Online Store only offers the latest version of Parallels Desktop. Thus, if you would like to buy any of the previous versions, please check if it is offered by your local resellers or authorized online resellers like Apple, Amazon etc.

13. TimB6

TimB6 Bit poster

Hi,
    I have logged a ticket about this. I have a special situation where I need to transfer an en situ bootcamp partition from an old 2007 mac to a VM file to be used on a different Mac running a legit OEM Parallels 11 license. The old Mac is on 10.8.5 and is very slow. The work required to upgrade this older Mac and the risk to the bootcamp partition in doing so is not cost effective for my client. I've already installed the Paragon driver so the bootcamp partition can be seen from the OS X partition, etc. Now I run into this problem of not being to do a trial activation--argh!!!1!!! Please reconsider handing out Parallel 10 trial keys for those of us with legacy systems we're trying to ditch/support to get clients using your product on new systems! Upgrading this iMac's hardware is not a good option. I could boot off an external drive with a later system and install a trial version of Parallels 11 there but that is kind of a crazy option for what should be a simple operation...

Best regards, Timbo

14. yao

yao Bit poster

hi,
    I'm also with the same problem. When I enter in the Activation Window, push Get Trial and always get the message "unable to request a trial key".

Can I get a trial key by email to activate the product ?

15. Hello yao,
    we have stopped providing trial keys for older versions since the release of Parallels Desktop 11. We would suggest you to try a trial copy of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac as suggested in this article.

16. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hi
    Hi ChaK1,
    Are you trying to install trial for Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac or earlier versions?

17. AlastairW

AlastairW Bit poster

Hi,

I'm unable to install Parallels 11 as my o/s won't support it. I can't upgrade my o/s yet as my server won't support it. I need to try parallels 10 to see if I can read the EXT2 server disks on my Mac as my server has recently died. If I can't read my disks, I'm stuffed.

Please advise if there's any way you can assist.

TIA,
    Alastair

18. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi Alastair, Parallels Online Store only offers the latest version of Parallels Desktop. Thus, if you would like to buy any of the previous versions, please check if it is offered by your local resellers or authorized online resellers like Apple, Amazon etc.

19. AnthonyP5

AnthonyP5 Bit poster

I'm trying to upgrade to Parallels 12 from 9, but having similar issue trying to get to Parallels 10 first with a trial version. Please help. Thank you.

20. Hi, unfortunately we stopped providing the trial keys for Parallels 11? 10 and previous versions.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.