Is my Parallels 11 properly installed and activated?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JohnS16, Feb 19, 2016.

1. JohnS16

JohnS16 Junior Member

Since the motherboard of my MacBook Pro had to be replaced last week I have had a never-ending string of problems to try to get Parallels 11 and Windows 10 to work on my machine. I thought that I had successfully re-activated Parallels 11 by re-inputting the product key, but now I am not so sure. When I click on the Parallels icon I just get a thin Parallels Control Center screen that appears towards the bottom of the page. Is that OK?
    But I am also having dreadful problems with Windows 10. My original version would not boot, apparently that is normal when you change the mother board. Following advice received from the Microsoft community and customer service, I managed to download a further version of Windows 10, and so had two virtual machines on the computer. I removed one (losing all the applications including Office 2010 in the process), and then had a huge problem activating the remaining virtual machine. This was eventually solved by Microsoft customer service after 1 hour on the phone with a 3rd-level technical expert.
    I have bought a new Office 2016 product key and wanted to download the software from the Microsoft site, but there it informed me that I did not have the required operating system and would have to install Windows 7 or later! This means that it could not find the activated Windows 10 on my machine.
    In trying to resolve the problem, something has happened to the Windows 10 on my computer: It seems still to be there, but with just a black screen with the Parallels 11 thin screen described above. I don't know whether this is a Parallels problem or a Windows one, I am putting a post on the forums for the two software products!
    Please help me, someone!

2. JohnS16

JohnS16 Junior Member

Problem resolved after re-installing Parallel Tools! How easy!!

3. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

Awesome! Feel free to get in touch if you need further support.