KB & Mouse don't work after 10.11.4 beta update.

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Tom Clark, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Tom Clark

Tom Clark Bit poster

Starting with a clean install of OSX 10.11.3, I created a guest OS. I downloaded the 10.11.4 (build 15E27e) beta seed configuration utility from
    https://developer.apple.com/service...oftware_Update_Seed_Configuration_Utility.dmg
    After installing this, I opened the Mac App Store and applied the OS X 10.11.4 beta update. After the reboot, the mouse and keyboard do not respond.
    Parallels version is 11.1.2 (32408).

2. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

Try reinstalling Parallels Tools and let us know how it goes.

3. Tom Clark

Tom Clark Bit poster

I reinstalled Parallels Tools as you suggested, but this had no effect on the issue.

4. PaulT2

PaulT2 Bit poster

I have exactly the same problem i.e. after upgrade to OSX 10.11.4 Beta the keyboard and mouse no longer work. How are you supposed to update Parallels Tools when you can't even login because you can't type the password ? (the first 2 or three characters i can enter then the password field fills automatically with blobs).

5. Tom Clark

Tom Clark Bit poster

I was able to reinstall Parallels Tools because I have my VM configured to Auto Login. I also was able to import the .hds file into Oracle VirtualBox and it works there.

6. PaulT2

PaulT2 Bit poster

Thanks for the reply. Just for the record, i have also installed OSX 10.11.4 Beta on hardware and it works there.

7. ManojK@Parallels

Please email us at the Problem report ID along with the issue description to cs(at)parallels(.)com, so we can check it for you through a remote session.

8. DavidL13

DavidL13 Bit poster

I am also seeing this issue too on 10.11.4 for parallels version 10.3.0 (29227)
    I was able to enable the keyboard ( by adding usb directly) and reinstalled the Parallels Tools, this made no difference, mouse still broken and keyboard not switching properly.

9. ChristianW3

ChristianW3 Bit poster

Hi,
    I Have also the same Problem with 10.11.4 beta ! Is there a solution or a workaround to Login?

10. lastlos

lastlos Bit poster

Same problem happening to me as well! I appreciate any workarounds or solutions!
    Thanks!!

11. ManojK@Parallels

Please email us at the Problem report ID along with the issue description to cs(at)parallels(.)com, so we can check it for you through a remote session.

12. PaulT2

PaulT2 Bit poster

Parallels Desktop Version 11.1.3 (32521) does not fix the problem

13. ChristianW3

ChristianW3 Bit poster

I can confirm that..... :-(

14. ManojK@Parallels

15. ChristianW3

ChristianW3 Bit poster

Report-ID 90738007

16. ManojK@Parallels

17. DavidMartiB

DavidMartiB Bit poster

I have the same problem. Last version of Parallels Desktop. Reinstalling Tools didn't work.
    Any help will be apprecied.

18. ChristianW3

ChristianW3 Bit poster

Hello Christian,
    Please be informed that Parallels Desktop 11 Update 1 Hotfix 3 (11.1.3-32521) was released and the issue has been addressed.

You can update to the latest build from here: http://www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd11/
    Please note that Parallels Tools also needs to be updated (Actions > Update Parallels Tools) and check how it goes.

Sorry, but this Version doesn't fix this Problem, I have tested it at the Weekend, with Update Parallels Tools.....

19. PaulT2

PaulT2 Bit poster

The link given downloads the official 11.1.3-32521 version and not a hotfix. As i reported before the 11.1.3-32521 version dos not fix the problem.

20. ManojK@Parallels

We need to investigate this deeper, please email us the issue description along with the technical data http://kb.parallels.com/9058 to cs(at)parallels(.)com, so we can check it for you.