Changing between VM and Bootcamp destroys 3dsMax activation?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Steve555, May 14, 2012.

1. Steve555

Steve555 Bit poster

Hi

I have 3dsMax installed on my Bootcamp drive, which sometimes I use natively, or sometimes access from within Parallels on Mac.

When I install or activate Max in one of the modes, it runs fine, but destroys the activation if I try to access it in another mode.
    e.g. Install/activate Max in Bootcamp, as long as I stay in Bootcamp, no problems. If I later try to launch from within Parallels Desktop, the activation becomes invalid. (And vice-versa). It's very tricky re-activating Max.

Autodesk have indicated that this should be permissible with my license, so wondered if anybody had experienced similar problems with this, or any other strictly-activated software?

Thanks

Steve

(Mac 10.7.4, Parallels 7.0.15094, Windows 7 latest, Max 2012)

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  2. joshpurple

joshpurple Bit poster

Same Issue

Hi, Thanks to all who might be able to help.

I have the exact same issue Steve (Steve555) has.

I've just started using Paralleles. As Steve has described above, Activating 3ds Max is not easy.
    Autodesk users will also hit 'maximum number of activations limit has been reached.' Users then need to contact Autodesk support and wait for an activation code (I think Autodesk lists Parallels as officially supported for using 3ds Max on a Mac?).

System; Mac Pro Lion, Windows 7 64bit, 3ds Max 2013 64bit.

Thanks again!

3. PanosK

PanosK Bit poster

Hi, i also have the same problem is there a solution? The problem occurs only in autodesk products.
    i use parallels 11 with 3dsmax 2015 and win 10

4. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

Firstly, this issue occurs because of the different MAC addresses and hardware differences between the virtual machine and the actual Bootcamp. Unfortunately, you need to contact Autodesk regarding the activation issue.