When VM closes, windows stays open

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by michaelborland, Feb 20, 2016.

1. michaelborland

michaelborland Bit poster

All my VMs are configured to "Close Window" on VM shutdown, but the windows stay open. Anyone have a similar issue? I've tried changing to "Quit Parallels Desktop" (which works fine) but acts the same when I change it back.

..mb

2. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hi michaelborland, Kindly check if you are running the latest build of Parallels Desktop for Mac.
    If yes, please try the steps below:

1. Quit Parallels Desktop.
    2. Go to Mac > Utilities > Disk Utility > Run a Repair disk Permission (First Aid for El Capitan)
    3. Restart the Mac and make sure Parallels Desktop is configured in Startup and Shutdown as VM shutdown = Close Window
    You may also try uninstalling Parallels Desktop and reinstalling it & if the issue is fixed.

3. michaelborland

Running Version 11.1.3 (32521)
    Tried all your suggestions and problem still exists...

..mb

4. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

Kindly uninstall Parallels Desktop, reset ACL permissions on Mac as per this article and reinstall Parallels Desktop from a new admin Mac user and check if the issue persists.

5. michaelborland

That didn't work either.

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Dear Michael, we would suggest you lock the changes by "Click the lock to prevent further changes" present at the bottom left on the configuration window and check how it works.

7. michaelborland

I identified the problem. It closes properly when in a window and in single full screen on my laptop.

It fails to close when I select "use all displays in full screen". I have dual HP monitors connected via my MacBook Pro 13 via mini display ports.