Running Sims 2 in Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by VictoriaP1, Oct 5, 2015.

1. VictoriaP1

VictoriaP1 Bit poster

Hello!

I hope this is not a redundant post, but I am trying to run Sims2 Ultimate collection in Windows 10 using parallels. I am fully updated on parallels and Windows. Basically it is starting and I am hearing music, but I get a black screen. I assume it is not using the graphics card correctly. Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. Please try this KB

3. moonbeam

moonbeam Junior Member

The KB doesn't help. Does anybody have any other suggestions? I tried a tool to generate the graphics rules and videocard config files, but with these files in place Sims 2 Ultimate doesn't even launch.
    I'm not positive, but I seem to recall that prior to the Parallels 11.1.3 upgrade Sims 2 at least launched in low-res mode.

4. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

Hey moonbeam,
    Is that a Parallels Desktop standard version you are using? if yes, please check installing a 14 days trial of Parallels Desktop pro version and see how it works!

5. moonbeam

moonbeam Junior Member

I was already running Pro. After a bit more research, I managed to fix it by updating the "Graphics Rules.sgr" file.

6. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Glad that your issue has been resolved. Please let us know if you have more questions.

7. GiovanniC2

GiovanniC2 Bit poster

Hello, I know this has been a while but I am having the same issue here trying to run Sims 2. Do you remember the solution for this problem?

8. Hi, which version of Parallels Desktop you're using? Also please provide us with your VM OS version and MacOS version?
    Did you get any error message during the Sims2 starting, or after performing any action inside the game?