Problem w/New Imac w/ATI 2600

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Stone1269, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Stone1269

Stone1269 Bit poster

Does Parallels fully support the new Imac systems with the ATI 2400 and 2600 cards? I just downloaded and installed the trial version on one with an ATI 2600. I installed Parallel Tools, and everything works fine until I try and run anything that uses Direct 3D. As soon as I do, I get a hard lock on the system, and have to turn power off to the mac and reboot.

2. Stone1269

Stone1269 Bit poster

Am I the only one having this problem? DirectX Does not work properly for me in the trial edition on a new Imac with ATI 2600 Video. I do have DirectX enabled in the options, but it will always freeze up whenever anything tries to initialize DirectX. This problem is the only thing keeping me from purchasing Parallels now as everything else works fine for me.....

3. johnv

johnv Parallels Team Parallels Team

Hello!

Do you have the latest version of Parallels? Please select the "enable direct X support" in the virtual machine display options. Please note that Parallels emulates a video card with 64 MB onboard (max). Please read http://www.parallels.com/en/products/desktop/features/3d/ for more information,

Best regards,
    John

4. Stone1269

Stone1269 Bit poster

Yes, I have tried the latest 'official' version, as well as the latest beta version. Yes I DO have DirectX enabled in the configuration options. I have installed Parallels tools as well. As soon as I try to run anything that uses DirectX, even DXDIAG, I will get a hard lock that usually requires me to power off the mac and reboot.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  5. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

We are currently investigating the issues with new video cards and when the bug will be confirmed - we'll do our best to deliver the fix as soon as possible.

6. Larathydo

Larathydo Bit poster

Stone1269,

I can confirm the issue you are experiencing is more widespread.

Just got a new 24" Aluminum iMac myself (ATi Radeon HD 2600 Pro) and I am having the exact same issues you are describing - it's nice to know i'm not alone.

Boot camp for now, I guess!

For the record spectre, I have the configuration exactly as Stone1269 describes as well.

I look forward to a fix :) I don't suppose there would be any ETA on a fix?

7. mj71

mj71 Bit poster

Add me to the list. Using latest 3.0 trial version on new 24" imac 2.8GHz with the ATI2600.
    I have DirectX 9.0c installed and DirectX enabled in Parallels.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  8. Art

Art Junior Member

i'll receive my 20"/2.4GHz iMac in a couple of weeks, i hope it'll be fixed by then... otherwise i'll add myself to the list :p

9. billbing

billbing Bit poster

Add me to the list

ATI rad. hd 2400 xt
    Crash on any directx app. even dxdiag. If you hit the power button like to put the machine to sleep, again the screen darkens, again and the screan goes black. hit for the forth time and everything comes back and the diag askes if you want to skip 3d. also direct draw kills the system.

10. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

The beta 5144 will fix this problem.

greetings