Another Boot Camp Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by fritzjames, Jul 17, 2007.

1. fritzjames

fritzjames Bit poster

I am currently running parallels 3.0 (I just updated and build 4560 did not change anything) and have just run into a problem. For the last month everything has been fine. I have bootcamp 1.3 installed on my macbook pro and I was using parallels to access it. Everything was installed correctly and working fantastic. Last week when I tried to run parallels I receive the following error.

"windows could not start because of a computer disc hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware. Please check windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manual for more information."

Since then I have not been able to use parallels to access my boot camp partition. I can still boot directly into windows by restarting the computer using bootcamp. Also, I do have a virtual disk with windows installed and that continues to work great.

Thanks in advance

Fritz

2. matt90275

matt90275 Bit poster

same problem

I have parallels working perfectly on a different macbook. It looks like this problem has something to do with the fact that parallels isn't installing anything in Windows. Why is this part of the installation being skipped? Does it have to do with read/write privileges in Windows?

This is OSX with Parallels 3 (updated), Windows SP2, Bootcamp 1.3. Does anyone know how to fix this? No amount of uninstalling/reinstalling parallels helps.

Thanks,

Matt

3. Doody

Doody Bit poster

Guys, I have exactly the same message...

"Windows could not start because of a computer disc hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware. Please check windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manual for more information."

My problem started when I had to force quit Parallels but I was on the "it is ok to turn off your computer" screen of winblows so thought it would be okay!

Have done a total un-install and re-install to no avail but what I'd REALLY like to know is... WHY HASN'T ANYONE FROM PARALLELS ANSWERED THIS POST?

I guess I'll email them and refer them to this

D

4. johnv

johnv Parallels Team Parallels Team

Hello!

The following .log files are required:

~/Library/Logs/Parallels/Bootcamp.log
    ~/Library/Logs/Parallels/BootcampOSP.log

To find them please open Finder and browse to the "Homefolder-Library-Logs-Parallels" folder

Best regards,
    John

5. fritzjames

fritzjames Bit poster

Ok, I browsed to that location and they are there. Now what?

6. johnv

johnv Parallels Team Parallels Team

Please send these log files by means of Private Messages

7. bulletproof

bulletproof Member

See my comments about these issues here. It will resolve your BSOD issues (...the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM and Stop Error 0x0000007b), but I think Parallels should come up with a solution that avoids these issues altogether.