Active Sync Problems

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by PaulN, May 10, 2006.

1. PaulN

PaulN Bit poster

Hi, I have loaded XP Pro, Office Pro and all associated Microsoft updates and all is working fine, except MS Active Sync (4.1). I am trying to sync with my XDA II. It does originally connect and even starts updating, but then seems to hang and eventually looses connection. I am on a work LAN using Outlook (and this sync fine with the Exchange server.

Any advice ?

Paul

2. fpillet

fpillet Junior Member

I think there is a reliability issue with USB in Beta 6 (didn't try with Beta 5). I develop software for Palm & Windows Mobile and have a lot of devices here. Apparently, what happens is that even though the connection works fine and the first packets transfer properly, after a while things go south and data stops transiting through the VM bridge.

I'm not sure what's at hand here -- getting USB bridged is not a simple task, since the Mac OS X side (IOUSBFamily) is less flexible than its Windows counterpart. PDAs should work properly as most of them are composite devices that use simple USB bulk pipes. It will probably take a few more releases for Parallels to get this right, but I'm confident it will ultimately work.