Spam Mail or Promotional Postings?

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by Roaster, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Roaster

Roaster Member

Hi,

Why do I get such mailings from Parallels?
    What's the deal with them?

First I don't own Parallels for Mac at all nor did I participate in any beta for Mac not did I download a trial. I even do not own a Mac.
    I own Parallels Workstation (for Windows) and IMO PARALLELS SHOULD LOOK UP THIS IN THEIR CRM SYSTEM AND START SUCH MAILINGS ONLY TO THE APPROPRIATE PERSONS - if the origin of the mail is Parallels.

So, please clarify this and remove me from your MAC newsletters. I'm waiting for PWS very urgently.

2. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

Lol

Very funny ............

If i where you i would quickly buy a mac and calm down.

3. Roaster

Roaster Member

Sure, at least I would get new versions as PWS seems to be discontinued ;-)

4. constant

constant Forum Maven

Hi Roaster, remember me.

Mate, what are you still doing here.

I keep checking these forums, because I'm just like that.

I can guarantee you, there's a better solution. Maybe even two.

A mate reckons VirtualBox is great, though I haven't tried it for about 12 months.

What I do know for sure, is that VMWare are many miles ahead.

If you possibly want active development, and an active forum with real help, then go to:

http://www.vmware.com

I know it's much better, and you can know the feeling too.

5. Roaster

Roaster Member

Cheers constant,

of course I remember you! I'm running VirtualBox, too and like it also. I've tested Vmware and VirtualPC, too. But none of them, include PWS, is really perfect. A good solution would be a new product with the best features of those mentioned above.

As VirtualBox and VirtualPC is free and I've bought PWS some months or years ;-) before, Yes! Really! sbdy bought this software for Windows, I'm trying to be as patient as possible and wait for the new release, if Parallels will get it out really soon.
    That said I don't want to spend extra money for a different product (VMware) now.

If there would be a competitive upgrade offer by VMware I would immediately go for it, unfortunately there is none :-(

Bye

6. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

Sorry for the mistake with advertisement email, some of Parallels Workstation users were affected. Such thing shouldn't happen in future.

Please refrain from discussing PWS upgrades here as it's off-topic. As stated previously in many Parallels Team posts - we just need some time to move Parallels Desktop and Parallels Workstation to the single code base, so PWS will get the updates soon.

7. Roaster

Roaster Member

It already happened before this posting, however I deleted the first mail as I classified it as spam. However I guess it will happen again since I see no chance to tell Parallels staff to stop posting such mails. Perhaps you could update your customer database and look up which registered user has got which version and post accordingly.

Yes, we know and you know perhaps that we are waiting since December 2006 for a single new 2.x version, bugfixed and enhanced with some small features of course. We are also waiting since than for a complete new 3.x version.
    During this time Parallels did more updates and fixes for Desktop than for Workstation. To be honest you did nothing for us Windows users.
    It has been stated in countless postings by Parallels staff, that's right, but without any real reaction.

Now, it really gets OT but I had to mention this again.

8. Roaster

Roaster Member

...it shouldn't happen in future! I remember your words, spectre, and you won't believe I got new mail today from Parallels announcing Desktop 3.0! You remember: I own Workstation for Windows not for Mac.

I wouldn't be so embarrassed if at least Workstation 3.x comes out, too - but nothing happens. Instead I get spammed by product announcements which I do not even own.

So, now it's your turn again to clarify!

9. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

Looks like our Sales people who do all this advertisement stuff have some problems with filtering the registered user base by the different products. I've already notified our team responsible for such advertisements to fix this issue and avoid sending emails to the wrong customers, but I'm not sure how soon they'll be able to sort the DB out.

10. Roaster

Roaster Member

OTH I would prefer to get a mail the next days where the availability of Parallels Workstation 3 is announced!