Request: Growl integration for Outlook

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Squeak, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Squeak

Squeak Junior Member

My primary reason for using Parallels is to run Outlook. The one annoying thing is that the Outlook notification window for email does not go to the highest z-order for display on the Mac, it only goes to the highest in the VM. This is a problem if something is covering it from the OS X side.

It would be great if you could somehow have the Outlook notifications create Growl notifications for OS X.

Just a thought.

2. scrotty

scrotty Bit poster

I totally would love this feature. In fact, searching for growl support in Parallels was the sole reason I stumbled into these forums (as you can tell by my post count).

3. tripleR

tripleR Bit poster

I agree!!

another first time poster here... only because I so badly would like to see this growl/parrallels (w/ outlook) integration as well!

4. Leonard

Leonard Member

Growl Support

Yes, a Growl plugin for Parallels would be much appreciated.

5. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

Hi,

To bring Outlook notifications to front while Parallels Desktop in the background please enable "Bring notification windows to front" option ON in the Vm Configuration -> Coherence options.

Alexander

6. Jisi

Jisi Member

Perhaps it might be "easy" to program such a program yourtself. One would need to find a way in the Win API to intercept all notifications ("bubble messages) which appear in the system tray. Those could then be send via network to the GROWL daemon on the MAC (AFAIR Growl allows displaying remote messages arriving through UDP).

Unfortunately I have no experience programming windows systems whatsoever:)

7. Jisi

Jisi Member

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007