Just downloaded and messed it up already!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by procrastiwriter, Sep 2, 2007.

1. procrastiwriter

procrastiwriter Bit poster

I just KNEW I would get this wrong!

I have downloaded and activated Parallels today. I ran the installation and chose to install Windows XP - but foolishly I entered the product code for an Office XP disk, not my Windows XP disk - d'uh!

The install carried on until it got to a command prompt, where it said 'system disk not found' at which point I've stopped, and am now panicking :-(

Can I somehow start again and enter the correct serial number? Or do I need to un-install? And if I un-install, is it OK to install it again, or is that likely to give problems?

Not that I'm freaking out or anything... ;-)

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Claire

2. brkirch

brkirch Pro

Just click the stop button if you haven't already quit, or if you already quit Parallels reopen it. Then go to the "File" menu and select "Delete..." to delete your virtual machine. After you have gone through the delete virtual machine assistant you can start over with the install, this time entering in your Windows serial number instead of your Office serial number ;).

3. daj

daj Member

it is odd that it accepted your Office XP key in the first place

I would create a new virtual machine and start again :)