Parallels Invalidates Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by teknetia, Sep 4, 2007.

1. teknetia

teknetia Bit poster

Hi Guys,

I have Windows Vista installed in Boot Camp and use Parallels to access it from OS X (because rebooting sucks!). This is all worked fine once, but is now broken.

When I boot Vista through Parallels, I first get a popup (after login) that says
    "Insert the Windows installation CD or DVD into your computer to begin the reinstallation process."
    and then after a few I get a WGA error:
    "This copy of Windows is not genuine."

Is there any known reason this occurs? I haven't been able to find anything in the forums or google so far, but I will keep trying hough.

I really need to get this system back up and running as I use it a lot for business presentations of our Windows Only products.

Cheers guys
    Chris

Vista Business on MacBook Pro 2.33GHz

2. bombastinator

bombastinator Member

which version of vista are you running? Vista has a particularly butt munching clause in their license which disallows anything but vista ultimate from running on a VM. Happy shoveling another $150 at microsoft for no logical reason (reasons not to buy vista #124)

3. teknetia

teknetia Bit poster

Hey,

Vista Business and above can be run in WM.

I have since solved this problem after spending near on an hour on the phone with an MS help chick.

Cheers!
    Chris

4. aandj896@gmail.com

aandj896@gmail.com Bit poster

Have you registered?

I started getting a message saying "this copy of Windows is not genuine" after 30 days of using Vista. I could not access the internet through Vista, so I had to use the cumbersome phone registration process to fix the problem. You can get the phone number through the registration process. There should be a box that pops up which has several choices including one that says something like "other ways to register" which will give you the phone number.