AppServer XG v11 - Free Version Licensing Problem

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by CarolinaEd, Dec 18, 2013.

1. CarolinaEd

CarolinaEd Bit poster

Trial period expired at a client site while they are making a decision on purchasing or not, so changed the trial to the free version with 3 UBL. Shows up in the licensing section as fine, however, it constantly shows 3 users connected. Server has been rebooted, so I know no one could be connected, yet the users connected never budges. Anyone tries to actually log on and when just connected to the 2X server, receive an error:

Code 01/0000000F No more licenses are available or cannot contact licensing server. Please contact your system administrator.

Any ideas? Is there somewhere to see who is connected and/or disconnect them? I've looked and cannot find that anywhere. Most of the users at this location just use the 2X as a portal to get to their desktops from outside the local network securely. There are no errors thrown up in the Windows logs.

2. andrews8

andrews8 Hunter

At present 2X are not aware of any such issue like this. Was this a version 10 upgraded free install?

3. NetVizion

NetVizion Bit poster

Hello!

I have the same problem!

Edition: ApplicationServer XG FREE 11 (for testing)
    Server: Windows 2012 Std.

Concurrent User-Licence model: 3
    Actually user login: 3

But no user is connected on the server!

Any solutions?

Thanks

4. christopher.flores

christopher.flores Member

v11 user based licensing works in the following way:

Published Desktops & Apps:
    1 License per User and Device pair (Devices are identified by MAC)
    Expires every 65 minutes unless a TS / VDI session is still active

This means that even though no active sessions are present on your RDS server, a user may still be counted up till the 65minute window expires.

Thanks

5. seanthompson

seanthompson Bit poster

Why is it so slow to register that a user has been disconnected? Why do we not have the option to release unused licensing? Will 2X provide us a overage due to this limitation?

6. CarolinaEd

CarolinaEd Bit poster

In our case, users were not even using a published desktop or application from a RDS server. Only Remote PC desktops had been published.

7. sbcpro.de

sbcpro.de Member

In our case we were running a Windows Server 2012 None R2 RDSH and moved the VM from one hypervisor (VMware) to another (Hyper-V) by an Image restore process. We did this because we changed the datacenter provider.

Right after we also received the message

'Code 01/0000000F No more licenses are available or cannot contact licensing server. Please contact your system Administrator.'

as soon as a user tried to connect to the 2X farm in conjunction with the 2X Client in Gateway SSL mode.

Sadly I wasn't able to dig into this issue until it was solved, but my tests showed that the RDP Environment by itself was up and running w/o any issues. The issue came from within the 2X solution. From my experience this is very seldom. Most of the 2X issues at our customer sides turn out to be RDP issues instead of 2X issues.

Beside the message that we received directly from the 2X Client we also tried to logon by the standard MS RDP client to the 2X RDP port (in our case 3389) as well as the 2X tunneling port (in our case 50080) what should normally work quite well. By doing this we received the error message

'Because of a protocol error detected at the client (code 0x1204), this session will be disconnected. Please try connecting to the remote computer again.'

Only if we did the logon by the standard MS RDP client to the MS terminal services port (in our case 53389) itself everything worked fine.

At last our workaround for this issue was to update the 2X Server to it's newest version and build. Right after w/o restarting the RDSH everything was back to normal.

Best wishes for 2016,
    Holger

8. RichardF3

RichardF3 Bit poster

At present 2X are not aware of any such issue like this. Was this a version 10 upgraded free install?

9. cuong

cuong Bit poster

I've looked and cannot find that anywhere. Most of the users at this location just use the 2X as a portal to get to their desktops from outside the local network securely.
    - Agario - Slitherio - Earn to die -

10. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, try the following steps to rectify the issue:
    1.Stop the Publishing Agent and Redundancy Services.
    2.Navigate to the installation directory > appdata folder.
    3.Rename licensing.db and sessioncache.db to another filename.
    4.Start the services back up. The two .db files above will be recreated for you automatically.
    Once you've completed the steps above, perform a manual reactivation of the product from the Console.

11. TranH

TranH Bit poster

At present 2X are not aware of any such issue like this

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Learn Vietnamese online( free for all parallels.com's members ):
    Lession 1: nho ninh thuan

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  12. GestionM

GestionM Bit poster

Hi.
    where can i renew my licensing for : 2x applicationServer XG v11
    we have license for one year and it is expired.
    Thanks

13. jpc

jpc Pro

@GestionM You will most probably have to upgrade to a newer version. Version 11 is quite old and out of support by now.