Adobe CS6 uninstall to CC push

Discussion in 'Parallels Mac Management for Microsoft SCCM' started by DanielV3, Mar 7, 2016.

1. DanielV3

DanielV3 Bit poster

I am in the process of updating 25 machines in our design department to Adobe CC2015. I checked in the forums, but couldn't find the needed info. If there is a KB for this I apologize if I missed and you can just point me in the right direction. Basically I am looking for how to uninstall the adobe CS6 suite, install the new CC2015 version (only the needed programs), and have the ability to run the CC updates using the Parallel's plug-in on SSCM. The issue with the CC update and installs is that each user has their own e-mail assigned for the download, but when they go to install it the MAC (EL Capitan) it is asking for the admin password. That makes it so you need to manually run the updates and uninstalls on every machine or make them admins (which will not get the go ahead). Is there a way to run the CS6 uninstall, run the CC2015 installs for the need programs, and setup a way to install the updates as they come in without being forced to log into the machine or type in the admin password? I know Adobe has the Creative Cloud Packager and Remote Update Manager which I am in the process of trying to get and test out, but it would be great if I could use Parallel's for all my MAC OS update and push needs. If you need more info from me please let me know. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. DanielV3

DanielV3 Bit poster

I'll check out the rest of the PDF, but pg. 91 was for status. I think I have it setup properly, but the file is saved as a .pkg file. I'm trying to figure out what the script should be for it. I have it setup as: Run /usr/sbin/installer -pkg "CS6_Uninstall.pkg" -target /. Not sure if that is what should be listed for that. Doesn't seem to be working when I attempt the push at least for the uninstall portion. Any ideas of what that should be?

3. marat_t

marat_t Pro

Daniel, is there any documentation from Adobe side?

4. DanielV3

DanielV3 Bit poster

Nothing that seems to give me the right answer for this one. Looks like that pkg file the Adobe packager created doesn't even work like it should just running it from the MAC alone. I was able to download and push the Adobe cleaner tool onto the MAC, but now the issue is getting it to run the program after it is moved to the applications folder without needing to physically go to all the machines and type the admin pass in, run through the options, and all that. I'm trying to see if I can push a script that will open the program and run it for me, but that is looking to be difficult to find as well.

5. marat_t

marat_t Pro

Hi Dnaiel, from what I see you have a ticket opened. Please provide us with info requested so we could run tests locally and help you

6. DanielV3

DanielV3 Bit poster

I was able to figure it out finally. I ended up moving the file locally first as a application package. Then I ran a second package with a script that was able to open the file and just let the user change the options. Not exactly what I wanted, but it got the job done. Thanks for the help.