Installed32bitWindowsNeed64BitHelp!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by beisen808, Mar 31, 2016.

1. beisen808

beisen808 Bit poster

Hello,

I use Macbook pro (intel core, i7, 4 cores, 16gb memory) and bought and installed Parallels yesterday in order to use a program for work. When i tried to download and install the 64 bit Windows 10 it didnt work. Im not sure if i couldve did something to make it work. Can anyone help me figure out if my Macbook Pro (retina, 15 inch, mid 2014) has the necessary requirements for me to install the 64 bit?

After the 64 bit did not work i installed the 32 bit, which worked fine. After i did that and used the product key, i found out that i actually need the 64 bit for the program i am trying to run. Therefore, i need to uninstall the 32 bit windows 10, and install the 64 bit windows 10 instead. What a headache! I just talked to Microsoft support who told me it wont be a problem for me to use the product key for the 64 bit even though i already used it for the 32 bit because it will be on the same computer. Which is good,

Any help on this process is much appreciated,

Brandon

2. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi,
    Please use this link to download 64 bit Windows operating system, follow this article during the installation process - It should work!

3. beisen808

beisen808 Bit poster

Thank you, yes i removed the 32 bit and installed the 64 bit and it worked,

4. Manu@Parallels

Manu@Parallels Guest

Hi Beisen808,
    Sounds good! please get back to us for any further assistance, we will be happy to assist.