Windows 10 Network Drops - Must Reinstall Tools

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by magikmanpro, Mar 30, 2016.

1. magikmanpro

magikmanpro Member

I've been seeing an issue recently, and I don't know if it's the result of a Windows Update or Parallels Update (both have occurred in the last month). After about 20 minutes, my network connection drops. It's as if there is no network at all. If I reinstall Parallels Tools, the network connection returns. But only for another 20 minutes or so. Once it has dropped, whatever makes this occur, it's gone. No network. Restart, still dead. Only reinstalling Parallels Tools brings it back, and then only for a limited time.

Any help?

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello magikmanpro,
    You could try using a different network mode available with the Virtual Machine. The network mode can be changed by selecting Devices -> Network1 -> network mode from the Mac menu bar. This article might be useful to get to know about the different network modes.

3. magikmanpro

magikmanpro Member

I have found that using Bridged mode avoids the issue I'm seeing with Shared. But, why would that be? I've been using Parallels since the beginning, and always keep up to date. I've never had an issue with Shared mode until the more recent updates (of Win10 and Parallels). Plus, bridged mode won't always be an option depending upon my network situation (I travel constantly). Any ideas?

4. Bill.B

Bill.B Bit poster

I just started my own thread about a similar problem. If you go to Devices->Network1->Configure and uncheck, recheck the connection checkbox and close the configuration screen, does your connection reappear?