Windows 10 Edge and Windows store icon disappeared from task bar WINDOWS Start unusable

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Louis_Palardy, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Louis_Palardy

Louis_Palardy Bit poster

hi,

Parallels 10 with Windows 10 family.

All was working fine until tonight, where I stopped being capable to click on Windows start button (icon)
    The windows task bar, has lost the icon windows edge browser and windows store, instead 2 spaces....

I have checked under Windows 10 support, seems an update has been pushed through MS Update and multiple Windows 10 users are having the same issue.
    Anybody have the same?

Louis

2. DavidV3

DavidV3 Bit poster

I'm having the exact same problem. I have no idea what has changed, but it definitely did. My edge and store icons are pinned to my taskbar, but neither of them have the little pictures, just spaces as you have described. Further, I'm not able to even open my windows menu when clicking the icon. Pretty frustrating, just came in one day and boom, for no apparent reason I'm having these issues.

3. EnmanuelN

EnmanuelN Bit poster

I have same problem I contacted Parallels about it.
    I spended two hour with: Mukesh kumar and he couldn't help!!
    he said some will call me to help and im waiting for two days now!!!!

4. Louis_Palardy

Louis_Palardy Bit poster

Emmanuel, this is a Windows 10 problem, nothing to do with parallels. you will be forced to reinstall your virtual machine or to recover from previous snapshot. Even Microsoft does not have a solution for this.

5. EnmanuelN

EnmanuelN Bit poster

reinstall?

6. MobyR

MobyR Bit poster

Is there any news on this as it has just happened to me (exactly as described above).
    If Windows 10 is this flaky why oh why are we using it ?

7. ArthurK1

ArthurK1 Member

I've noticed the same problem today (AGAIN!!)

8. ArthurK1

ArthurK1 Member

Is it safe to reinstall everything and go back to W 8.1 ?
    Or will Microsoft force you to take cripple W10 again?

9. ArthurK1

ArthurK1 Member

Ive noticed the PD webcare is almost never responding to their customers, an attitude sooooo not 2016 !:D

10. HusainB

HusainB Bit poster

I'm having the same problem, parallels customer service said microsoft should solve it and microsoft is throwing it back!! I'm still struggling with this issue. I might use my rights to get this done. Otherwise, this company will do anything.