Parallels 10 Network Connectivity Drops

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Bill.B, May 2, 2016.

1. Bill.B

Bill.B Bit poster

For the last couple of week my VM, first Windows 7, now upgraded to 10 (didn't help), has been losing connectivity if it sits for a while. I get a "lost internet connectivity" message in Windows. If I go to the Network1 Devices screen and uncheck and recheck the "Connected" checkbox the problem resolves itself for a while.
    I have a wired network and I've set it up in Shared mode in Parallels. I have the latest versions of OSX and Parallels 10 and I've tried reinstalling Parallels Tools and that hasn't helped.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. Hello Bill.B,
    Kindly make sure that you are running our latest Parallels Desktop 10 build(29337).
    After updating to our latest build try to (re)install Parallels Tools once again and try changing the network mode to Bridge Network -> Default adapter if the network mode is set in "Shared Network".
    Kindly let us know how it works.

3. Bill.B

Bill.B Bit poster

Latest version of Parallels 10 installed, Tools reinstalled and network mode set to Bridged ethernet and the problem persists.

4. Sasti@Parallels

Sasti@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Bill.B,
    You could also try changing the NIC type, Configure>Hardware>Network 1>NIC type.

5. magikmanpro

magikmanpro Member

I have a separate post also calling out this issue, though as Bill points out it can be addressed by disconnecting networking and then reconnecting. This is a persistent problem with the newer releases of Parallels.

6. Bill.B

Bill.B Bit poster

I get this error in my Windows error log every time the connection drops:

The network interface "Intel(R) PRO/1000 MT Network Connection" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets.
    Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset.
    This network interface has reset 5 time(s) since it was last initialized.

I have a Windows 8.1 VM where this doesn't happen and I have Windows 7 and 10 VMs on MacBook Pros with the same OS and Parallels versions and it isn't happening there. What else could it be?

7. Hello Bill.B,
    Here are the some common Network problems happens in running Parallels Desktop Virtual Machine.
    Check whether the article is helpful.