Windows 10 Start Button & Task Bar Issues

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by markbrads, Nov 3, 2015.

1. DMiles

DMiles Member

Isn't that the version that was released back in February? The version released this past week (11.2.0-32581) still has the problem. Also, it's the updating of the Parallels tools that seems to trigger the problem.

2. ArthurK1

ArthurK1 Member

I have the strong feeling , they are just saying something for the show, there's no fix at all.

3. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

D
    Hi ArthurK1, please follow the steps mentioned below:
    1.Shutdown your virtual machine and open its configuration
    2.Switch to Hardware tab and choose Boot Order menu.
    3.Expand Advanced Settings menu and insert the following flag in the Boot flags box:
    devices.usb.keyboard=2
    devices.usb.mouse=2

4. ArthurK1

ArthurK1 Member

Does not work, it's not possible to ad the mouse, therefore i get the message can not boot.
    Probably caused by my Logitech cordless mouse.

5. DMiles

DMiles Member

I think it might even be more pervasive than just Start Menu db corruption. I've only had the start menu problem on one non-parallels system, but I don't recall it having any of these symptoms that are also common on the Parallels VMs that exhibit the issue after a Parallels tools update.

- No sound
    - very slow login times
    - very slow performance in file explorer
    - Error message notifying me that my default browser has been reset to Edge.

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello DMiles, please reproduce the issue and submit a Problem Report ID http://kb.parallels.com/9058 and provide us the ID number here, to investigate further on this issue.