bugs with imac 27 retina 5k + iphone app

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by ManuelM3, May 19, 2016.

1. ManuelM3

ManuelM3 Bit poster

Hi,
    i'm testing PA to decide if it's a good remote desktop to buy license for. I found that using my hardware configuration there are many problems.

1. Using iphone app with 3g/4g carrier, if the internet connection goes down during the wake up request, the PA iphone app can't re-open again the socket. The work around is to close the app then open a webpage so the internet connection becomes available again or check the email. After that I open again PA app and send again the wake up request. While using wifi network there are no problems, because the internet socket is always on.

2. Using PA iphone app to connect with an imac retina 5k late 2015, the display resolution at full screen desktop is wrong. The imac uses the standard resolution @ 2560 x 1440, when the PA app is using the desktop resolution view, the imac increases the resolution at 3200 x 1800. And it's impossible to see correctly the font and other details. I tried to switch the resolution manually in imac's display system preference when it is connected at desktop resolution but in the iphone it shows always the wrong one. I tried all the combinations of resolution from the PA app, and the toggle for high/low quality image doesn't change the image resolution in desktop mode.

I have been testing PA since 5 days, I removed osx system agent using your purge script and reinstalled again. The same procedure I did with iphone app many more times.

Will you fix all these problems? In a few days my trial period will be ended. I think to fix these problems you must code new release iphone app or a new osx system agent or maybe both.

Do you know that such problems/bugs exist?

looking forward to your reply
    BR

Last edited: May 19, 2016