Very poor quality from SKYPE on V3.0

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by john., Jul 5, 2007.

1. erwincoumans

erwincoumans Bit poster

Another way to use Skype is over wireless handset Linksys (CIT200). There are no Mac OS X drivers for this Linksys device, so Parallels would be a nice option that avoid full reboot into Bootcamp.

It seems Linksys CIT200 wireless USB HUB isn't recognized under Parallels (Windows XP Pro). It has been reported earlier in this forum: http://forum.parallels.com/thread2253-8.html

Are there any plans to improve USB support/recognition for this?

Thanks,
    Erwin

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  2. mawa_73527

mawa_73527 Member

Hi,

I use the Logitech USB Headset 300. I work Parallels for different reasons in full screen mode. I actually need Skype to run in Parallels VM. The sound quality does not allow this.

I am very disappointed at his inadequate performance. All my international comunication run on Skype!

Luckily Mac Skype will show a screen on top of the full screen parallels screen. I'd be missing many calls. But as the others said skype under windows sucks!

I am looking forward to seeing some improvemnt!

3. majorgar

majorgar Bit poster

Spectre,
    I have the same issue. MBP 2GB ram parallels 4560, windows XP. I configured as you suggested: on the mac-system prefs->sound->logitech usb headset for input and output. Sound input and output indicate the mac side is using the input and output for the headset. All ok on the mac side. Skype in mac is great on both ends. Skype in XP: I hear others with similar sound quality for the mac skype, but, the mic input is coming from the macbook pro mic. Settings in Skype for output and input are windows default device. There is something with the vm that is not taking the headset mic as input. Once this is fixed, the quality in mac or pc for Skype will be similar. Please let us know when you get this fixed as many of depend on Skype daily. I can get by with the mac Skype, but would really appreciate the fix for XP Skype since it has so much more functionality. We look forward to a fix. Let me know if you need more details to troubleshoot.

4. mawa_73527

mawa_73527 Member

Hi,

I just installed Build 5160. This problem was not solved. The headset sound quality is dismal.

5. beta_bob

beta_bob Bit poster

Similar problem

I am seeing a similar problem. Parallels 3.0 build 5584. USB audio device based on the Micronas UAC 3556 chip. When the USB device is connected to the Mac with Core Audio running the device and then Parallels uses that audio device, all is well. When the USB device is connected directly to the VM and Windows Does Its Magic, the input audio is terribly noisy.

It does not seem to matter what audio application I run on the Windows side. I see the same symptoms in all cases.

Admins - I think there is a bug here that needs attention.