USB issues after OS X 10.11.2 update

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Wise87, Dec 12, 2015.

1. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

2. DavidF6

DavidF6 Bit poster

I'm having problems connecting a Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless controller. I'm running Windows 10 updated today and Parallels 11 updated today. The Mac sees the controller just fine and it works, if I boot Windows10 directly, it also works but Parallels doesn't seem to see it at all even though it is set up to directly connect. I reinstalled Parallel's tools today as well.

Any suggestions?

3. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

4. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

Attached Files:

5. MiroslavD

MiroslavD Bit poster

Dariusz2 - you are a legend!

I too had tried VirtualHere and thought that I had removed it using the recommended delete procedure, but it left a little something behind . . . that I did not realise until I read your post.

I got in touch with the Michael from VirtualHere.com and explained that I was having trouble removing the kext that was part of the software (that was no longer being used). He send me a brief note/instructions on how to remove the kext from Mac OSX (a very quick, accurate reply!):

instructions:
    start a terminal and then do
    sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/vhhcd.kext
    sync (NOTE: you may need to wait a while for 'sync' to complete)​
    then reboot your mac
    and it will be removed​

Followed the instructions, rebooted my system and problem with Parallels not being able to mount USB devices was fixed. I can now mount the USB dongles and they are recognised and software works. Hooray!

Hopefully this will be of use to others who have the same problem!

My only remaining (self-inflicted) 'problem' is that I paid for a VMWare license just a few days ago, as I was annoyed at Parallels not having a fix . . . :( :mad:

6. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

7. MiroslavD

MiroslavD Bit poster

Not an issues for me - the need is work related and now I have an alternative to Parallels as part of my toolkit . . .

I agree with you that I too hope that Parallels fixed this issue (VMWare has/had no problems with running my USB dongles with my VM).