slow copy-paste between el calpitan and windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by PascalA1, Oct 13, 2015.

1. PascalA1

PascalA1 Bit poster

Hi there,

since the copy-paste feature is working again (first update fixed the crash) now I have a new problem. When copying something on El Capitan and pasting very fast to Windows 10, the last copied text is pasted and not the current one. When pasting again after some seconds (without copying again) the right text is pasted. It seems to be a lag somewhere...any ideas what that could be? Everything here is up-to-date...

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello PascalA1, are you trying to paste files into Windows virtual machine which is displayed on Thunderbolt display?

3. PascalA1

PascalA1 Bit poster

No...I'm copy pasting on a MacBook Pro on the internal display. Windows is set to full screen, I'm switching between VM's by swiping left and right via touchpad.

4. PascalA1

PascalA1 Bit poster

maybe the lag has something to do with the prl_client_app using a lot of CPU on my mac?

5. BenjaminClaude

BenjaminClaude Bit poster

I do have the same issue and I wanted to up the thread and see if anyone found a solution to the problem. extremely annoying :(

6. PascalA1

PascalA1 Bit poster

Hi Benjamin,

good to hear that I'm not the only one...

maybe you also got other annoying copy-paste bugs as me? What about doing a cmd-c in the IE11 URL-field and pasting it anywhere else? Not working for me. But with right-click and copy it works.
    similar issue with copying text from Messages app on Mac to anywhere on Windows 10. Only working with right-click and copy.
    Everything else works fine with cmd-c and cmd-v....

7. BenjaminClaude

BenjaminClaude Bit poster

My commands work well in any scenario MAC <-> W10, but I constantly have this delay in the copy buffer that makes me paste the previous copied item in W10 from Safari :/

8. AlexM5

AlexM5 Bit poster

I have the same issues as described above. Find it to be annoying and throws off my work flow. I find it happens in everything from Acrobat DC, Chrome, Safari, and Word on the Mac side to the PowerPoint app on the Parallels side. Please post if you find any solution.

9. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Since we need to investigate this deeper, please email us the issue description along with the technical data http://kb.parallels.com/9058 to cs(at)parallels(.)com, so we can check it for you.

10. Ankebut

Ankebut Bit poster

hello same problem after when i copy with cmd+c from mac and paste it to win 10 with cmd+v first that paste old copied data when i paste again also second time that paste the data what i copied new.
    I have send you now technical data please help i have think first time the keyboard have a wrong and have buy new keyboard but nothing

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  11. Ankebut

Ankebut Bit poster

Don`t need help anywere?

12. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Ankebut,

Follow the steps outlined at this link & check how it goes. If the issue still persist, kindly post the technical data number below and we will have it checked for you.
    Thanks,
    Dhana.