Anyone successfully running the new Doom game under Parallels???

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by SWANDY, Jun 9, 2016.

1. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

I have Parallels 11 running Windows 10 (on a very new iMac) and was interested in finding out if anyone was able to run the new Doom game? I have tried to stay away from installing high-end Windows games under Parallels but have always love FPS and Doom in particular. But the idea of spending $60 just to find out that it won't run properly - or at all - does not really appeal to me. (I believe I read that Steam will refund any software purchases wishing 14 days as long as you have not logged in 2 hours of playing time, but still don't wish to hassle with the large download/install and then asking for a refund.)
    Thanks, Steve

2. Hello SWANDY,
    The Games Only profile is designed for Parallels Desktop users who use Windows mainly for gaming.
    When the Games Only profile is chosen, the virtual machine will have the maximum recommended memory (the green zone of the Memory slider under Configure > Hardware > CPU & Memory) and 512 Mb of video memory. Most of the integration features will be disabled, but your mouse and keyboard will be optimised for games. The startup view will be set to Full Screen.
    Note: The new DOOM game runs with Direct X 12 and I believe that Microsoft is still working on it to provide a better support to use this game under Windows 10 OS. Since Parallels Desktop 11 supports up to Direct X 10 you can still give a try by installing our 14 days trial version and let us know how it works.

3. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

If you bothered to read my post I already have Parallels 11 installed - don't need your 14 day trial. My question was to anyone here who had actually tried to run the new version of Doom under my setup (Parallels 11/Windows 10) and how it actually ran. But thanks anyway.