1. Andrew Brimberry

Andrew Brimberry Bit poster

Anyone attempt to run Parallels Desktop on MacOS 10.12? Any issues or advice? Thanks.

2. ChristianL1

ChristianL1 Bit poster

Also interested in this. Don't want to load Sierra if it breaks Parallels.

3. AngeloR

AngeloR Bit poster

The only issue that I have found so far is that, for some reason, the space bar in the keyboard is not working. I have tried it in several VMs (Windows and Linux), so it's not a Guest OS issue. I'll keep trying to find a workaround.

Andrew Brimberry likes this.
  4. AngeloR

AngeloR Bit poster

Found the reason. Siri on macOS uses fn-spacebar as default keyboard shortcut and (for some reason) interferes with the space bar on parallels. Changed Siri to use ctrl-spacebar and everything is working now. Will keep testing and post back.

markallison and Bill Standen like this.
  5. Andrew Brimberry

Andrew Brimberry Bit poster

That is great information. Thank you for posting.

6. IanJ2

IanJ2 Bit poster

OMG AngeloR, you are a life saver. :) I would not have found that. Spacebar aside, it is working perfectly for me as well.
    Shift Spacebar works too as a fall back if you're attempting to get something typed quickly.

7. DylanB1

DylanB1 Bit poster

how do i write a post? anyone know? i need to ask why my network wont work when ive followed all the steps its given me but i still cant connect

8. Howyagoin

Howyagoin Junior Member

Alas, Parallels Desktop 11 on my 10.12 iMac won't launch virtual machines.
    Version 11.2.0 (32581) - any OS results in an error 15, which points to http://kb.parallels.com/en/116216. I'll try the uninstall/re-install trick next.

Update: I tried to delete and reinstall Parallels, no luck. All VMs hang and won't launch.

Update2: It works. Turns out that cupsd wasn't running, and won't automatically launch on my system for some reason, and even though I don't use or have any printers, Parallels won't actually start unless cupsd is running on the system...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  9. si458

si458 Bit poster

im having no luck installing it :(
    anybody get it installed yet in a VM?
    i setup 10.11 with my recovery parition, download the developer preview from the app store with my code,
    go to install it, goes ok, then reboots, then starts up, says installing then fails with 'storage system verify or repair failed'
    but after that it just reboots and i cant get back into the original 10.11, it seems to just kernel panic

10. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Hey guys,
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

11. RobertWise

RobertWise Member

I expect Parallels developers were rubbing their hands if they listened to WWDC regarding macOS. That will be another Parallels upgrade everyone will need to buy if they want to run Sierra. Personally I can count on the fingers of one hand the amount of times I have fired up my Windows 10 VM on the Mac in the last twelve months.

I have W10 on a Laptop should I need to use Windows so the VM has become pretty redundant. Given that scenario I will likely remove the VM from the Mac or stay with the present iteration of OS X. Certainly not worth spending good money for something I'm not really using any more.

12. RafaA

RafaA Bit poster

Hello Parallels team :

Any idea on when you could have a new Parallels Desktop for Mac version that could run with MacOs Sierra ? Will you have it prior to Apple's release of the public beta by July ? Thank you and look forward for your response.

13. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi RafaA, you will be able to use Parallels Desktop for Mac 11 Standard and Pro edition with macOS Sierra. Our engineers are at work now with the beta, but you will be able to use these two versions of Parallels Desktop for Mac with Sierra shortly after when Apple releases its new OS to the public.

14. RafaA

RafaA Bit poster

Thanks for your response on this, and look forward for the new updates of Parallels Desktop for Mac.

15. PaulChristopher@Parallels

You are welcome! Parallels dev team is looking into details to make Parallels Desktop compatible with Mac OS Sierra. Stay tuned for more updates.

16. JoshuaB3

JoshuaB3 Bit poster

I am also having the same issue. Any work arounds for this?

17. MartinD4

MartinD4 Bit poster

Installing Parallels Tools on Linux Mint 17.3 and 18.0 causes the video driver to distort the screen so much that it makes it unusable. Existing VM's with Parallels Tools installed show the same distortion. That's using the latest Parallels Desktop on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015).

18. MartinD4

MartinD4 Bit poster

A screenshot of the above mentioned distortion....

Attached Files:

19. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi, please be informed that Parallels Desktop 11 Update 2 Hotfix 1 - 11.2.1 (32626) was released and the issue has been addressed. Please update Parallels Desktop to the latest build. To check for updates, go to the Parallels Desktop menu and click on "Check for Updates... Latest version always available here: http://www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd11/ Please note that Parallels Tools also needs to be updated (Actions > Update Parallels Tools) and let us know how it works. Check out the updates summary at http://kb.parallels.com/123410 Thanks!